Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Deserves a sixth star! show details Deserves a sixth star!
by Bruce Bence on Dec 14th, 2015

All of the five star reviews say at least what needs to be said, and for what it is worth, I wholeheartedly validate all of them. And if it was possible, I would add a sixth star! And let us not forget the great nurse, Dr Marcet's assistant, Tracie Patel. I will also honor all of his supporting staff in both USF and TGH.

by Carol Wakley on Oct 27th, 2015

A wonderful and caring surgeon. One of the best Doctors I have ever seen.

by Carol Coleman on Oct 14th, 2015

Dr. Marcet is the most skilled surgeon I have ever had. His bedside manner is so caring it's like having a dear family member by your side thru the hospital stay and follow up visits. I never minded his up and coming surgeons with him because they are learning from the best. I will always be grateful to him and his staff and the hospital for giving my life back to me. And peace of mind that he will be there should I ever need him again.

by Amy Buckley on Apr 10th, 2015

Dr. Marcet is my hero!! He changed my diet and lifestyle after my cancer surgery.

by Paul M. on Jan 20th, 2015

Excellent!! Great attitude and will speak the truth. Guides you through each procedure as does his staff of professionals

The best doctor we have ever met show details The best doctor we have ever met
by Ramon Lopez on Apr 24th, 2014

Dr Jorje Marcet has been treating my wife for almost 4 years . During this period he has showed to be very professional, knowledgeable, and very competitive. In all my years I have never met a Dr who has shown so much compassion for his patients. Dr Marcet is not only a true professional but also a terrific human being. I

Perfect Doctor :) show details Perfect Doctor :)
by John on Mar 18th, 2014

Simply perfect in every way....

Colectomy & J-Pouch show details Colectomy & J-Pouch
by Ulcerative Colitis Patient on Oct 26th, 2013

I just had Dr. Marcet perform a colectomy and j-pouch reservoir construction. Like all the reviews above, Dr . marcet's expertise and bedside manner are unparalleled. Not once did I feel rushed with him. In my search for a surgeon, I can remember sending him an email & receiving a response within hours. Even just today (2 days out if the hospital), a call to his office was returned within 30 min! He has a great team of doctors working with as well that provide seamless coverage the times he is not available. He is the best!

Surgeon show details Surgeon
by Cheryl Joule on Jul 19th, 2013

Having surgery and getting a Surgeon who I feel is TOPS in their field is my number one importance. I've been blessed to have a Surgeon who is TOPS in all areas, both surgery and his bed side manor. He's been wonderful and if I had to have another Surgery (which hopefully I am finished with) I wouldn't think twice about using Dr. Marcet. He's the best and I would highly recommend him. He's excellent.

Patient show details Patient
by Roger on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Marcet is the best of the best. I had a difficult surgery that he handled like the caring outstanding surgeon that he is. A remarkable man.

AWESOME DOCTOR show details AWESOME DOCTOR
Jun 7th, 2012

he is very busy, its hard to get an appt with DR. Marcet but he is the BEST OF THE BEST in his field, AWESOME BEDSIDE MANNER...love him

Dr. Marcet show details Dr. Marcet
Feb 10th, 2012

excellent doctorFull of compassion, wisdom Kind and devoted to his patients and patient familyvery nice manners to deal with a difficult patient

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
by Laura Tepfenhart on Sep 28th, 2010

Cancer rectal tumor 1 cm from anal verge. Doctor Marcet listened, understood my concerns worked to find best protocal for my diagnosis and had the best bed side manner of all the doctors I have come in contact with. He called me himself with answers to questions and results from surgery. His staff his friendly,professional and extremely easy to deal with.Never had to call more than onceabout anything. Doesn't get any better.

The Best show details The Best
Dec 11th, 2009

Dr. Marcet is simply the best. When I was diagnosed with rectal cancer I was very lucky to find Dr. Marcet. He encouraged me, explained everything to me & even drew pictures so I and my family could understand exactly what was going on. I thank God everyday for answering my prayers & bringing Dr. Marcet into my life.

Some doctors really do care show details Some doctors really do care
Nov 15th, 2009

I truly believe Dr. Marcet is heaven sent. When I was in the midst of losing all faith in doctors/medical community, I met Dr. Marcet. He helped me like no other Dr. had before. Yet after so much I had been through, he was human and humble enough to say, no more surgeries. He knew when to say when and he was right. God Bless this wonderful doctor.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
Aug 27th, 2009

In spite of the difficulty of being diagnosed with colorectal cancer, Dr. Marcet and his PA Jose, have been professional, caring, considerate, and overall helped me navigate through this major speed bump extremely well.

Four Stars Are Not Enough show details Four Stars Are Not Enough
by CMO on Aug 27th, 2009

Dr. Marcet is a sincere and caring doctor. I wish all my doctors were as good and thorough as he is. My friend told me that her doctor-husband said that many doctors go to him. I will never use anyone else again.