A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jorge Ortiz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jorge Ortiz, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Transplantation
- Peptic Ulcer (Duodenal Ulcer)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ortiz graduated from Albany Medical College.
Dr. Ortiz has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Sierra Medical Center
- Del Sol Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ortiz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jorge A. Ortiz practice?
Dr. Jorge Ortiz practices Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: San Antonio, TX and El Paso, TX.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.