Dr. Jorge Pena MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 19th, 2016
Best OBGYN in Northern California
HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Pena if you are have any type of Women's Issues. You can read more experience with him at fluffypuppiesmosaics.com

July 15th, 2013
Good Doctor
I would have to disagree with the negative reviews of Dr. Pena. I've been seeing him as my doctor for a while and never once have a had a bad experience nor has he ever made me feel like he is simply blowing me off when I have a concern or an issue I have brought to his attention. His bedside manner has always been completely kind and courteous towards me and I have never felt like he was rushing me and has always been extremely informative and has given me a lot of information for any quesiton I have ever asked. I like him as a Dr. and his staff is wonderful as well. I have always been nervous about seeing the doctor my whole life and they always make me feel comfortable there. By the way, I do not work for his office and am not part of his staff as other reviewers have suggested is the reason for his positive reviews...I'm just here to write a review and give my opinion towards him as a doctor.

May 17th, 2013
Stay Away From this Doctor
Dr Pena thinks he knows a lot about what he does. Although he has a degree that means nothing when it comes to his terrible bedside manner, his lack of knowledge when a problem comes up and how he treats his patients after a traumatic situation happens under his care!!! His image seems to be more important and not the well being of the baby or the mother. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone and in fact I have warned many about him and they have stayed away. WHen a woman refuses to go to this doctor-its another babies life saved!

May 14th, 2013
run away
Dr. Pena talked down to me when he could not find the answer to a problem I was having when I was pregnant. I ended up losing the baby at five months because he didn't test for the correct infection. Instead of testing me he just said, "Go home you are just being pregnant." Three surgeries and a life could have been spared if he would have been a half way decent doctor. I have a strong feeling the positive reviews were written by his staff.

March 7th, 2013
Dr. Pena is an amazing doctor who has a great bedside manner, is very thorough when explaining procedures or addrrssing concers/questions and is also extremely easy to talk to. He has delivered both of my children at Mercy Medical Center and both experiences were extremely pleasant. I would highly recommend Dr. Pena to anyone looking for an OB/GYN in the Redding area.

December 3rd, 2012
There is only one OB to see in Redding
After many years of different doctors and medicines and MRI's... Within 5 minutes of my first appointment with him, he found the problem and I was in surgery within 2 weeks. I feel like a brand new person and I owe it all to him. He held my hand when he told me the news of what he had found. He is a great doc and he is very knowledgeable in areas that other docs know nothing about. His staff is amazing and they truly care. He is an out of network provider for my insurance, yet I will still only see him.

March 21st, 2012
Amazing doctor
Exceptional doctor! This man recognized a problem with my baby's heart during a routine prenatal exam and sent me over to the hospital immediately and drove over to meet me there. When he needed advice on how to handle the issue he called down to UC Davis and conversed with other OBGYN'S there and also here in town. Not only is he extremely intelligent, but his bed side manner is perfect. He catered to my every need and made me feel comfortable in a very uncomfortable situation. He came highly recommended to me and I would highly recommend him to others.

February 23rd, 2012
LOVE him and his staff!
I started seeing Dr Pena when I found out of I was pregnant for the second time. I started having complications early on and he was quick to get me in and take a look at things. The pregnancy ended at 10 weeks, and in the month that I was seeing him, I saw him weekly, and he even had me come in just to talk to ease me a little bit. He is very compassionate and caring, and when I did actually miscarry he was very kind and just sat with me while I cried. When I got pregnant again 3 months later, I returned and he did several follow up appointments for me just to make sure everything was going good and normal. When it came time for me to deliver, he was concerned about the size of my baby which he accurately predicted to be 9lbs, I was induced on my due date, and it went wonderfully, he scheduled it during a time that he would be available to deliver my baby. The delivery was smooth and quick and he was just awesome! I couldn't ask for a better Dr or a better birth experience. My first was complicated and I was terrified of doing it again, but he was really good and making me feel like it would all be ok! His office staff is great, they all know me by name and I have only had to wait longer than normal one time, while he was delivering a baby. Great Dr, recommend to everyone!!

January 2nd, 2012
He is the best OB Dr in Redding Ca

August 27th, 2011
Dr Pena is an amazing OB. I myself worked for doctors for 6 years as an MA and expected alot out of my doctor. Not only is he very personable and has amazing bedside manner but he also has the ability to make you feel very comfortable in a "not so comfortable" kind of doctor visit. He has been my OB for 3 years and delivered my son. I ended up having a ceserian section and my scar is not only tiny but barely visible. I have recommended many friends to him and they all love him as well. I will never see anyone else!

April 13th, 2011
He is an AWFUL doctor! He should not be in practice. He accidentally messed up on a surgery and left someone with no ovaries when only one had a problem. He lied about it, he left a new nurse in a patients hospital room to deliver a baby and was yanking on the babies head, he hit on women in his office and they never went back to him!! He is not someone you want to go to if you want a GOOD doctor!!!!

March 31st, 2011
ok but I don't recommend
The reason why he found my son in a breech position but didn't fully go over options to me. He was quick to recomend a c-sec, which was not necessary, just most OB's are no longer trained to do a breech vaginal delivery. An appt was scheduled at six weeks after surgery vs the two that is supposed to. I think the office missed gestional diabetes, I had all the symptoms as well as my son. I didn't feel like he wanted to include me on medical decisions.