Dr. Jorie Shire Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jorie Shire?

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Jorie Shire?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2016

Dr shire truly cares about all of her patients and families well being. She listens to any concerns parents or children have and fully addresses them. She makes time in her schedule Ben when its overbooked to see your child if it's urgent. She doesn't rush through visits and does full examinations until she is sure of what's going on. Takes the time to explain any tests, medications, goals for child, what to expect. When to call if needed. I leave knowing everytime I'm 100% confident with the knowledge she provides and care and if I have anymore questions to call her and she will get back to you in a timely manner. Goes above and beyond what is expected. Have been with her since the birth of my first child 8 years ago through today with my most recent being born premature. I wouldn't change a thing with her!!!!

January 29th, 2014

Ridiculous treatment

Brought my child and because he wouldn't stop crying she suggested that I bring my child back for full body x-rays at the age of two and half three months because she wouldn't let me try doing reflux meds when my son was spitting up. I'm not saying I'm right but I looked on the Internet and he had a lot of the symptoms that point to acid reflux and master she could probably with that cousins and friends attended and it all sounded similar. So I leftists she wanted me to stop breast-feeding feed him this crazy expensive formula and I had to go to my doctor and I finally got the right medicine. Never again will I ever see her she has too much opinion and not enough help I understand that doctors are supposed to help you the best of their knowledge but she wasn't versatile at all.

March 23rd, 2013

Her way or the highway

This lady will not accept anything else except her own opinions. She does not accept delayed vaccine schedules of any manner either.

June 25th, 2012

As first time parents, our experience with Dr. Shire has been extremely positive. She has taken the time to review questions/concerns with us, and we have appreciated her advice and professionalism when our son was hospitalized at 6 months old. She has a very warm bedside manner, and I would strongly recommend her to other parents.

June 18th, 2011

Arrogant to me as a mom, condescending to my child

I had a few bad experiences with this doctor -- primarily when I didn't want to go along with all of the medical tests she was ordering. I got a "we're going to do things my way or else" attitude. Fortunately I know enough as a parent to stand my ground when I feel something is wrong for my child, and I prevented my child from having to go through some unnecessary and invasive tests.I would not recommend this doctor AT ALL.

June 15th, 2011

Mother

Dr. Shire is inexperienced and arrogant, a dangerous combination for a doctor. I know of another parent who was also involved in a misdiagnosis and forcing of unnecessary treatment with their child and Dr. Shire. I also experienced this first hand. My child could have been seriously harmed because of her arrogance. I will never go back to her again and I strongly urge others to stay away for the sake of your children.

May 26th, 2011

She doesn't like you making your own choices for your own child. She is very blatantly upset when you chose something other than what she "recommends" and had the diagnosis wrong for my infant several times, as a second opinion confirmed.

September 13th, 2016