Dr. Jose Alvarez Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jose Alvarez?

January 23rd, 2017

God Complex

No bedside manner. First visit he didn't even look at me or my husband. Said how terrible my prior doctor was and he would not treat me the way I had been treated. Even though that treatment was very effective. This treatment was terrible. No pain relief and severe headaches for which he said weren't his fault. Do not go to this doctor. It's all about the money. Doesn't care about the patient.

July 29th, 2016

Positive Experience

My pain Dr. left the practice, and I made an appointment with Dr. Alvarez. Although there was some initial confusion about whether to see the Dr. or the NP, it was resolved and both my husband and I had an appointment with Dr. Alvarez. This appointment was to become familiar with Dr. Alvarez, and for him to understand our pain issues and treatments. Although neither my husband nor I needed treatment at that time, we wanted to become familiar with the Dr. and hiss office for when we do need more treatment. Our visit was very constructive. Dr. Alvarez listened to each of us, and discussed our issues with each of us. We both felt that we were not rushed, and that we would have a good relationship with Dr. Alvarez. Being a nurse from the Boston area, I am very particular about the doctors I choose and do considerable research before making an appointment. Although I was very upset when my original pain dr. left the practice, I am confident Dr. Alvarez is quite capable to handle our issues in a professional manner.

March 21st, 2016

Wrong profession for this doctor.

Not very friendly, very nonchalant. Made a few remarks about doctors who call themselves pain specialists, then a remark about enjoying the luxury of choosing a doctor " for now" (political remark). There was toilet paper at the desk in the exam area with the presidents face on each sheet. Disrespectful. Terrible bedside manor. I won't go back even after having an mri ordered by him. I got a call saying I needed an epidural but wouldn't say why.

June 2nd, 2015

wife of retired Viet Nam Veteran

I have tried for 2 weeks to make an appointment with this doctor for my arthritis and fibromyalgia which he's supposed to be well versed in. His phone girl Janelle, only will say I have been denied as a patient. I have Tricare Prime insurance due to being part of a military family, I have issues he treats, why would he deny me? I have yet to receive anything from HIM. Only the nasty Janelle on the phone who actually screamed at me that I was threatening her when I told her I thought she violated HIPPA by giving some of my info to one of my past doctors without a signed agreement to share info. She refused to give out the fax number. This girl is crazy. I'm going to find another doctor. If this is how this dr. office is run I don't want to go there.

August 8th, 2014

Service sucks

Went to their office for my first appointment and they wanted me to reschedule the appointment just because I didn't have the paper work. The receptionist was very rude, they can't email you the paperwork and you can filed them out in the office. Don't recommend this doctor they are not professionals at all and the office looks dirty and old.

July 9th, 2014

BEWARE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE PLACE

I accompanied my sister who has cognitive difficulties to this joke of a "pain management" doctor, who was referred by her Orthopeadic Surgeon. She had a terrible ankle fracture (shattered) almost two years ago. 5 days in the hospital after the injury. Dr. Ware of MLB, removed hardware (pins, screws, plates), floating bits of debris, and cartlege). Prognosis: Degerative Arthritis, 1/2 cartlege remaining, but not preventing bone on bone contact, severe tendinitis, which keeps her up at night. Candidate for Ankle replacement surgery (rare and controversial), Dr. Ware said Ankle Fusion down the road as a very last resort. She has been getting pain medication from her lifelong psychiatrist in Jacksonville, and wanted to be treated locally, and would prefer other modes of pain relief. She is in severe pain constantly. She was half hysterical, as usual, and had trouble peeing on command, to which the nurse said, "He won't prescribe narcotics unless you do, and we're closing in 1/2 hour!". THAT helped. She was told by this, "doctor", that there was nothing he could do for her, referred her BACK to the surgeon, and even told her WHAT TYPE OF SURGERY to get -- Ankle Fusion. ZERO "bedside manner", rushed, the waiting room was empty when we got there. Justifiably in my opinion. DON'T EVER GO HERE PLEASE! I couldn't give zero or negative stars.

November 9th, 2012

Staff was rude, second DR. from same office disagreed w/Diag. and treatment

The staff was incredibly rude, not only on the phone, but in the office also. It seems they believe that since they work in a Doctors office that they are actual Doctors and instead of just fetching records and setting appointments,(which is all they are really qualified to do) they feel as if they can diagnose my problems over the phone and tell whether or not I need to see or be able to speak to the actual Physician. After an over one hour wait in the "holding area" I was seen by different doctor than the one I saw on my first visit. After going over the symptoms and the medication prescribed by Doctor Alverez, the second Doctor states that the prescription I was given had no effect on my symptoms and wondered why Alverez even thought it would. I was given another appointment,in two weeks. I will not be back , the staff was uncaring and rude and the Physicians disagreed to what was the proper course of action to relieve me of my pain and discomfort.. In the end I ended up with no information,no medication,hurt feelings from the staff,an appointment that I have to wait two weeks for and on top of it all, Im still suffering from the pain i went there to be relieved from. Sad...

October 30th, 2012

Amazing pain relief'

Had shots in my back before by another local dr. withNo relief after 3 visits. Have had them done 2x by Dr. Alvarez, he didLittle different procedure, works wonderfully! ReallyQuite shocked, had been told may need anotherBack surgery! Don't feel that way any more! I've had good experience at all office visits! Have recommended him!!

August 5th, 2012

Pain management for cervical spine

Dr. Alvarez saw me for a bulging disc in my cervical spine which had me in debilitating arm and shoulder pain. I was taking a lot of pain medication before his treatment and had recommendations from surgeons that only surgery would relieve me. Dr. Alvarez examined me and stated flatly that a series of cortisone shots to the cervical spine would greatly improve my condition and perhaps eliminate the need for surgery. I took 3 shots over about a 15 week period and am now completely out of pain 3 months after the last shot. I am very grateful for the professional treatment and that I did not have to have surgery.Dr Alvarez correctly identified that surgery was not required for my condition and with cortisone shots reduced my pain to zero. The shots are not a trivial experience, and I am now convinced of the value of his training and expertise in this technique. I am very pleased with the professionalism and preparation of his office and staff.

January 24th, 2012

don't go to this doctor.

First off it's easier getting a visit than care. Their whole team sucks. Their ride and don't want to help anyone. He is just a doctor for money. I called for a refill on a drug and it took them four days to call it in. When I was put on new drug and gave them feedback that it's not working. They called me back five days later. Right before they left for the weekend. He comes in for 5 minutes and stares at your file. Doesnt remember anything about your health. Then asks you a couple questions then leaves. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

August 9th, 2011

Does care

My mother has been going to the doctor for sevearl years. He just doesnt care. He ignores you, never looks at you and has the attitude that you are lying to him. Kind of make you wonder why he became a doctor. Go somewhere else please.

June 9th, 2011

Excellent pain management Doc

Dr Alvarez has been treating me for cronic neck pain for 2 years. With a collective effort of PT, Chiropractic, and massage therapies, with all Doc's working together with Dr. Alvarez I got tremendous relief from my painful condition. I cant praise him enough. Thanks!