A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jose Contreras:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jose Contreras, Family Practitioner is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Contreras
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Contreras Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Palliative MedicineNeuropathic pain
Education & Awards
Dr. Contreras graduated from Universidad Francisco Marroquin, Guatemala City. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Contreras has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jose A Contreras MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 12 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine and Pain Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Jose A. Contreras practice?
- Dr. Jose Contreras has 1 office location.
Dr. Jose Contreras practices Family Medicine and Pain Medicine near Hackensack, NJ.
See Hackensack Primary Care Doctors and Hackensack Pain Management Doctors.