A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. JOSE LIRA:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. JOSE LIRA, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. LIRA graduated from Universidad Nacional Mayor De San Marcos, Lima.
Dr. LIRA has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Paradise Valley Hospital/Adventist Health
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. LIRA accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 91 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Community Health Group - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. JOSE LIRA practice?
Dr. JOSE LIRA practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Family Medicine, and General Practice near Chula Vista, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Chino, CA.
See Chula Vista Internists, Chula Vista Pulmonologists, Chula Vista Family Physicians, and Chula Vista General Practitioners.