A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jose Lira:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lira
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jose Lira, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lira graduated from Universidad Nacional Mayor De San Marcos, Lima.
Dr. Lira has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jose Lira MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Jose Lira practice?
- Dr. Jose Lira has 9 office locations.
Dr. Jose Lira practices Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease near Chula Vista, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Escondido, CA and San Diego, CA.
See Chula Vista Internists and Chula Vista Pulmonologists.