Dr. Jose Martinez MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Austin, TX

4.7

January 16th, 2017
Most highly recommended.
I suffered from severe retinal issues due to my diabetes II (I am 65.)when I first came to Dr. Martinez. Thanks to his kind, patient, and extremely professional treatment and staff, I am now seeing clearly and feeling well. I recommend him most highly.

September 20th, 2016
The best when it comes to Eyes!
I've been seeing Dr. Martinez since 2009 and I would not see anyone else when it comes to my eyes. Dr. Martinez is patient and extremely knowledgeable. I greatly value the relationship that he has with me and always feel that Dr. Martinez has my best interests at heart. If you want the best, you must visit Dr. Martinez.

September 14th, 2016
When I asked my optician to recommend a good retina specialist who would take time to answer my questions, he did not hesitate to think of Dr Martinez. That was years ago, and I am so grateful. Dr Martinez has helped me maintain 20/20 corrected vision while treating me for wet AMD. I'm so grateful for doctors like him and I trust him to help me keep my vision

August 2nd, 2016
Super Doctor.
I was very nervous and stressed about my eye situation. Dr. Martinez and staff put me at ease right away. The surgery was a success and my eye sight restored. I can't recommend him enough!

May 13th, 2016
First class people and retina care!
I was highly recommended to Austin Retina by my primary eye doctor for the first time for a chronic condition. I found Dr. Martinez and his staff to exceed the glowing accolades of my doctor. The amazing staff is friendly and efficient and Dr. Martinez is extremely affable and informative and I always look forward to seeing him.

April 4th, 2016
A true caregiver
After a very negative experience with an Opthamologist and no diagnosis. I was so blessed to get to Dr. Jose Martinez. "You should get all the vision you have lost back". The best words I have ever heard. No judgement of me or my illness just compassionate care.

March 29th, 2016
Miracle Worker
It's hard to know where to begin with Dr. Martinez. His skill, compassion, professionalism and overall character are second to none. My condition is a rare one, I have multiple implants in each eye, and my battle with the fear of blindness has endured over 11 years. I'll try to make it as short as possible. Summer of 2004 I woke up legally blind, only able to differentiate shapes and shadows. Numerous ophthalmologists later, I wound up being referred to Dr. Martinez and Austin Retina, which I credit as my saving grace. I was 14 at the time and battling for my vision - a truly nightmarish situation. The moment that I met Dr. Martinez, all of it seemed better. He is such a professional, and such a caring person, that it's hard to explain in a Yelp review. You know that feeling you get when you meet a truly genuine good spirited individual? That's what you get with Dr. Martinez. I've been under his care all of this time, and I would never, ever, think of going anywhere else or trusting anyone else with my vision. The fact that I was legally blind, and now have 20/25 - 20/30 vision, without glasses, is beyond remarkable. Dr. Martinez has been there for me through thick-and-thin. Semi-monthly, 6 month, 2 day appointments, it doesn't matter, he's always happy to see you and always greets you with that great smile of his. He truly goes above-and-beyond for his patients, and I know that first-hand; he loves what he does. He's always been sort of a father figure for me. He's watched me grow up and has never left me feeling alone in this battle. Whenever I was scared about going in for surgery (8+ eye surgeries, more than half have been performed by Dr. Martinez) he lays out all of your options and gives you the vital information to make your own decision in comfort. He would never suggest anything for you that he wouldn't provide to his own children. I've constantly heard from other doctors how much they love Dr. Martinez and what a great man he is (what other physicians complement each other and remark on their professionalism?). As I said, my situation is extremely rare and have multiple implants in each eye. I know, 100%, that I wouldn't have made it this far, or be the man I am now, without the loving care of Dr. Martinez. For example, I developed an infection in one eye last year and I had to endure direct injections to the eye on a weekly basis. All while just starting my new dream job and unable to miss any time due to a probationary period. Dr. Martinez worked around MY schedule and assured me that he would do everything in his power to get me the best treatment without having to miss any work - truly an amazing person. Every time I see him he asks how my little sister is doing, how my job is going, etc. He loves what he does, and he loves his patients, period. He's a true professional and his office/staff are extremely well-kept and welcoming. He's a miracle worker. I believe that with all of my heart. I love you Dr. Martinez and Austin Retina, there's no way that I can ever repay you for all that you have done for me.

March 11th, 2016
Seeing Clearly Now!
I met Dr. Martinez Labor Day Weekend 2005. My vision was getting blurry that weekend. I could barely see the eye charts. The hospital referred me to the "on-call" ophthalmologist. Thank goodness it was Dr. Martinez. It is now 2016 and he has managed what has been a long battle with Harada's disease. There is no one that I trust more than Dr. Martinez!

February 16th, 2016
I have been under the care of Dr. Jose Martinez for over ten years. I was diagnosed with a type of eye disease which is very serious and difficult to manage. While under Dr Martinez's care my vision, stress level and overall confidence that my condition can be successfully treated has greatly improved. The possibility of losing one's eyesight or experiencing it deteriorate is a terrifying prospect, however Dr Martinez and his staff have made my experience so much less painful and stressful.

February 12th, 2016
Ms.
Dr. Martinez is a truly caring ,personable doctor. But that isn't what has made me continue to seek his services for the last eight years. I want the very best to help me with my eye disease and I certainly have found it with Dr. Martinez .....and we have gotten some nice results from his treatments. I certainly wouldn't trust anyone else with something as precious as trying to preserve my vision.

February 9th, 2016
Outstanding!
Excellent "bedside" manner, answers questions clearly and patiently, explains procedures.

February 3rd, 2016
Excellent experience with Dr. Martinez. He repaired a macular hole in my retina. I would recommend Dr. Martinez and his staff without any reservation.