Dr. Jose Caballero Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jose Caballero?

not recommended

Posted on December 8th, 2014

staff is very ineffecient. been waiting on an appt with birmingham specialist for my 2 month old for a week. dr caballero alarmed me that my baby needed to be seen at childrens immedialtly, could not wait on wed. here it is mon and i do not have an appt after several call to his office. first they did not have time, then they lied and said it was done. terrible experience. DO NOT USE!!

Love Dr. C.

Posted on April 11th, 2012

Dr. Caballero has been my children's doctor since he first came to Anniston. Now he is my grandchildren's doctor. He is very caring and friendly along with his staff. His evaluations and diagnoises are always accurate. He treats the problem so that you do not usually have to return for the same ailment over and over again. Refills are easily obtained. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Might as well be rating his nurse practitioner

Posted on May 24th, 2011

I have not seen Dr. Cabalerro since I was in the hospital after delivery. I've always only seen his nurse practitioner. However she is very kind, easy to talk to about any problem my child may have, very patient when I ask "silly questions", and she is amazing with my daughter. As long as you make your appointments for earlier in the day (my daughters are usually at 8 or 8:30) your wait time wont be more than half an hour. The only major negative is that when you call to talk to a nurse, you have to leave a message and wait an extremely long time to hear back from them. Sometimes I don't hear back until the next day! That can be very frustrating when you're a first time mom and you don't know whether an injury is minor or major. Overall, the nurse practitioner is the only reason I haven't switched pediatrics.

Dr. Caballero: do not recommend unless you have plenty of patience, money, and time!

Posted on March 16th, 2010

I have always heard that Dr. Caballero was the best pediatrician; however, he is my 8 month old baby's doctor and we have never seen him! His nurse practioner sees my child, and not once has he checked on him during any visits. It is difficult to make an appointment, and waiting for the appointment usually takes over 2 hours. The staff is HORRIBLE!!! They are rude, disrespectful, and careless. I do not recommend this doctor unless you have plenty of patience, money, and time.

will not return calls about test results

Posted on August 21st, 2009

My child had to have tests done and was told I would be called with results. After not hearing anything for two days I called and was told that the results were in but "Debbie" had to call me back with results. Debbie did not bother to return my call and now its is the weekend and still no results. My children love Dr. Caballero but I find this unacceptable. This is my childs health and should be treatment with more respect. I will be finding a new Dr. whos staff will actually return your calls in a timely manner.

Posted on November 20th, 2017