A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jose Cruz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jose Cruz is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cruz
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cruz Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jose Cruz, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Aplastic Anemia
- Blood Transfusion
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin Disease
- Mantle-Cell Lymphoma (Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma)
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Testicular Cancer (Seminoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cruz graduated from Escuela De Medicina Ignacio A. Santos, Monterrey.
Dr. Cruz has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jose Carlos Cruz MD is a male Hematologist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Jose C. Cruz practice?
- Dr. Jose Cruz has 1 office location.
Dr. Jose Cruz practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Hematologists and San Antonio Oncologists.