Dr. Jose Del Giudice Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jose Del Giudice?

July 20th, 2015

I don't feel that I can honestly rate my "accuracy of diagnosis" because I haven't been in yet for the results of my labs!!

December 16th, 2014

Dr Del is excellent. He took care of my mother when lupus was ravaging her brain. He treated her with respect and was receptive to her needs. Now he os treating me for mixed conne tive tissue disorder. He is a knowledgeable and caring professional.

June 22nd, 2014

This is the worst Dr. I have ever been to. He is uncaring and rude. His nurse always looks like she is in a bad mood. Both Dr and nurse had very bad attitudes. Will never go to him again. I have RA he told me I didn't need vitamins after lab and other tests he said I had severe RA next appointment he feels my fingers tells me RA not that bad. I have had pain and inflammation. Tells me I have dementia just because I told him I forgot something.i don't see how he is still in practice. Don't ask nurse anything be cause she will not know the answer.

April 19th, 2012

Best doctor ever

He gave me a shot in my left knee and it was almost pain free. That was the first time I had that done with so little pain. He is my favorite doctor. He is always professional and makes me feel part of his staff also.

September 13th, 2011

Not sure where to start. I began seeing Dr Del Guidice around Sept 2010. I had just moved to Lubbock, so I needed a new Rheumatologist. I was referred to Del Guidice by my PCP. My first visit with him, he had my entire Rheumatological records from 1997 to now. However, he acted as if he wasnt sure I really had Lupus (even though 3 different doctors over the last 14 years seem to feel strongly that I do). In January, I went into a rather large flare. Again, he didnt seem to interested when I made an appt. He just increased my prednisone and in the same breath told me to lose weight (uh.. ok.. like THAT will be easy) Long story short, I have been in a flare for over 8 months now and the pain is so bad I cannot sleep or eat.. Yet, when I finally asked for help with the pain I was told that I really didnt need it at this point. He just increases the prednisone and tells me that all my labs look "somewhat" normal except for the inflamation markers. I dont need bloodwork to see that my hands are swollen to the point that I cannot make a fist, or button a shirt, or even hold a full glass of water. Every visit he just orders more bloodwork and reschedules me for 6 weeks out. This last time, I was virtually in tears and my husband went with me to explain to him how much pain I am in and how much work I have lost because of it. So, he doesnt increase any medication.. sends me for bloodwork and has me scheduled for another appt in 6 weeks. After about 2 weeks I called and begged for relief from the pain and again was told that he didnt feel I was at that point yet. I asked to make an earlier appt so that he can look at how bad my hands have swelled and was told there was nowhere they could squeeze me in. I am at the point of intentionally breaking my hands so that SOMEONE will help me. I am in the process of finding a new PCP and going to a different type of Specialist (all the Rheumatologists in Lubbock are in his office). I do not recommend him AT ALL! Especially if you need someone to listen to you and believe you when you say you hurt.

June 26th, 2011

I saw this physician twice and could not bring myself to go back. I was referred for positive ANA, elevated sed rate, positive CRP, pain, fatigue, etc. He did a thorough battery of tests and four weeks later reviewed those with me. With the above lab tests in hand at my initial visit and his confirmation that, YES, my joints are swollen, I never got a diagnosis. He said he wanted to start me on Plaquenil. He told me that my Iron level was extremely low (10.1 and normal is 50-100), which would explain my severe fatigue. I let him know that my PCP just checked that last week and started Iron until we could discuss it further. He criticized my PCP, stating that the CAUSE of the deficiency needs to be identified. (I agree, but when someone's iron level is that low and he waits until the next appointment in four weeks and doesn't bother to call and get some Iron started in the meantime, something's wrong!) He told me that IN HIS COUNTRY, the first cause that he would consider would be malnutrition, but that I OBVIOUSLY GET ENOUGH TO EAT. His exam rooms are very large. The patient sits on one end of the room and he stands with his arms crossed several inches from the door on the other side of the room. 'Went downhill from the moment it began. He lacked the ability to see the big picture.

July 28th, 2010

Disappointed

I have had the privilege of being cared for by a very good Rhuematologist in the past so it is an adjustment to have to make this change. The biggest thing I noticed was the lack of care I felt by the staff. I just felt like I was a number that was being pushed through. At no time that I feel that "I" mattered. My desire to have a doctor that I feel an emotional attachment to is important to me. It is difficult to feel trust when there is such a feeling of detachment. The relationship between the patient and the doctor should be one of mutual respect, but also there needs to be a sensitivity to the fact that the patient is telling the doctor very private details of their life. Any professional is only as good as his/her staff around them. If the staff has an aloofness about them it is impossible for the patient to feel trust and comfort.

September 29th, 2017