A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jose Desousa:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jose Desousa is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jose Desousa, MD is board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology, Sleep Medicine, and Neuromuscular Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
Education & Awards
Dr. Desousa graduated from Goa Medical College.
Dr. Desousa has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital
- Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Desousa accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans