Dr. Jose Dutra MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Chicago, IL

4.7

May 6th, 2016
Dr Dutra's manner was very relaxing and assuring to me. His diagnosis and treatment including surgery was the advised plan of action. Dr Dutra and his staff provided thorough checkups during my hospital stay. After 3 months following the surgery, I feel good and the scaring from the surgery has become nearly unnoticeable.

October 10th, 2015
Excellent
I had the pleasure of working along side Dr. Durra as a distant colleague and more recently as a patient. Dr. Dutra is the most intelligent, thorough, kind, and compassionate physician I've visited. He takes the time to truly listen, he makes you feel like you're his only patient of the day, and he takes the time to explain everything in detail. He truly cares about his patients and his warm bedside manner and consistent follow-up further prove that. Dr. Dutra you are wonderful!

September 23rd, 2015
A great Physician. Very personable. Makes you feel very confident with his diagnosis.

August 27th, 2015
Excellent Head Neck Surgeon
I selected Dr. Jose Dutra after careful consideration and review of many physicians in the Chicagoland area. I work in the medical industry and I received many recommendations for Dr. Dutra from my colleagues. I chose Dr. Dutra as a result of his professionalism, knowledge, and expertise. He is highly regarded and one of the best in the academic field as well. He has written many papers, books and is even a Professor at Northwestern Medical School. I definitely believe that I made the right choice because his bedside manner is excellent, he is patient and understanding of patient's concerns. I had my procedure done and Dr. Dutra was meticulous in explaining everything and addressing all of my questions. I trusted him and I am happy that I selected him. The surgery itself was flawless and Dr. Dutra did an excellent job with my procedure without any complications. He made sure to follow up with me after the procedure. I highly recommend him as a physician, surgeon and give him five stars. Thank you again for everything. I am so relieved after my procedure and I truly appreciate everything you and your staff have done.

March 4th, 2015
He is awesome. Very professional and has a great bedside manner.

August 18th, 2013
First visit w/ more to come
I came to Dr. Dutra for a second opinion. He is kind, through and top in his field on knowledge of the thyroid. He gave me peace of mind and even though surgery is in my future, I am confident in a successful outcome at the hands of Dr Dutra. Highly recommend!

May 24th, 2013
Absolutely Incredible!!!
Dr. Dutra and his team are phenomenal! I can't express enough how thankful I am for their kindness, professionalism and extraordinary care. I am 7 days post-op from a total Thyroidectomy and the results are fabulous...feel as good as I possibly can and the incision looks minimal. I anticipated something much larger (don't look at Google images...they scare more than help). Not to be superficial, because I am blessed that my diagnosis and treatment were fast, the surgery went great and the outcome from the surgery was good...but I have to mention what a fabulous job Dr Dutra did with the appearance of the incision. I had very large nodules removed (so large they started to grow into my chest) and the incision is barely two inches and so minimal that I am not concerned with having to wear scarves all the time...I will most likely only use them for sun protection. Thank you Dr. Dutra!!!!

March 24th, 2013
The Perfect Choice
Dr. Dutra is an exquisite, knowledgeable, and very compassionate specialist. From my first visit to post-operation follow-up, I had only the best experience. Plus, if you are concerned about scars choose Dr. Dutra, a plastic surgeon could not do a better job. In summary, an extraordinary doctor and professional with heart.

February 28th, 2013
Thank you is not enough!
I am really pleased with the decision to drive 2 1/2 hours to Chicago to see Dr. Dutra. I am very grateful not only for the time and attention that he and his staff gave to me, but also the peace of mind they gave my family. Dr. Dutra is a one of a kind doctor. One that truly thrives on his passion for healing. Words cannot describe how much I trust him as a patient. He is definitely a gift from God. His PA Katie, Lorena, Dr. Zafar Sayed and the entire team of Interns were absolutely exceptional. I always say we never know why people come in and out of our lives. God certainly sent me in the right direction to have the best care possible. God Bless You All <3

February 21st, 2013
Excellent doctor
Trying to find a surgeon I felt comfortable with was hard Until I was recommended to Dr. Dutra. As soon as He walked in the door I knew he was the one for me! He was so caring and so encouraging he explained Everything he was going to do and I just felt so comfortable With him. Had my surgery dec to have my thyroid out Along with a huge mass in my chest .He worked so Hard to get the mass out through my neck so I didn't have to Have chest surgery and I will forever be grateful!! I felt incredible after ! Not very much pain at all! He came to see me in hospital Called me when I came home also gave me his number If I had any questions or concerns. He is truly the best dr out There and I wish I can see him for everything! His staff is also Incredible Katy is always there to answer any if my Questions and calls me back promptly super sweet! I have never Been happier in one drs care as I have been with Dr. Dutra !

October 23rd, 2012
Kindest Gentlest Doc Ever
Jose Dutra was wonderful. His physicians assistant, Katy, was wonderful as well.

October 12th, 2012
Excellent all around care
Both Dr. Dutra and Katy have been attentive and kind. Dr. Dutra's experience really shows. My surgery was nearly painless afterward. I highly recommend this team.