Dr. Jose Colon MD Patient Reviews

3.6

November 3rd, 2016
Caring doctor
Dr Colon saw my child in the hospital when she had a seizure. He was very caring, answered all my questions and asked me to write down all the questions I could come up with. He then called a few times through the day to check on my daughter during her hospitalization. I was very impressed with his knowledge and bedside manners.

January 9th, 2014
He made a huge difference for me!
I was having sleep problems for years and could not get advice or treatment from other practitioners that made any difference. Dr. Colon had an entirely different approach to sleep disorders than I had ever seen and this made all the difference in the world to me. I function so much better now and I feel like I can accomplish anything now, with adequate sleep! His bedside manner is excellent and he is a voracious reader of current science in his field. He keeps his patients up to date on the newest information and always has innovative advice to help patients manage their care better.

August 24th, 2013
staff is kind. he full of himself and weird. seams like he is talking down to me and my daughter. arrogant. waited over half an hour and then he only took 5 minutes with us. would not recommend.

July 8th, 2011
Great Doc!
The wait time may be a bit long but that is because he takes his time with each patient. I would much rather wait an extra 10 minutes then be rushed out of MY appointment. My 7 year son has a rare form of epilepsy and when he was first diagnosed it was really hard for us. Dr. Colon and his staff have helped so much not just with diagnosis and meds but with emotional support as well. I feel he really cares about his patients and has a lot of passion for what he does. I dont know how I would handle everything if we didnt have such a caring Doc behind us. I have been to other ped nueros in FM- Colon is the best.

January 23rd, 2011
Too bored
Couldn't get an appointment for over a month until the er doctor made a call to get it moved up to 3 weeks away. Seems bored with his job, poor bedside manner, seems like his memorized his medical books and just regurgitates it to you. Office did not call back when I left messages to talk to the nurse or doctor, when I got a person they relayed all the information thru the receptionist! 5 emergency room visits later, 3 hospitalizations, a misdiagnosis and thousands of dollars later, I found another docotor.

January 6th, 2011
Poor
The staff is kind, the Dr is just weird.

November 17th, 2010
Amazing Dr. NEVER gives up
Dr. Colon has been my 3 year old son's dr. for a year now. My son has had some very rare conditions to deal with. We have 3 neurologist ranging from FL to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Dr. Colon is the BEST! No matter how difficult my sons case... he never gives up and always pushes to find an answer & does all that he can to make sure my son is comfortable and that I understand. He has gone above and beyond to stay in contact with me and keep me in the loop at all times. He is very understanding of my position as a worried and scared Mom and never makes me feel as though I'm bothering him. He is always availible when I need something. Hands down the best dr. we have!

July 29th, 2010
REALLY arrogant!

July 10th, 2010
Dr. Colon has great advice for sleep. He truly advocates non-medication approaches. He also helped me the parent with better sleep.