Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Excellent Doctor and team  |  show details
by Doug T. on Jun 3rd, 2014

I cannot thank Dr. Erbella and his PA Jill Nash enough. I was referred to Dr. Erbella by the doctor who did my colonoscopy, who stated he highly recommended him and if he had to have surgery that is who he would choose. My family doctor also said Dr. Erbella would be his choice for himself and his family. While attending different facilities and departments for tests etc. as soon as they heard Dr. erbella was doing my surgery everyone said I was in goid hands and how fortunate I was to have him. This coming from several different medical people certainly made me feel a lot more at ease. My colonoscopy was on a Friday and they found a large polyop which needed to be removed surgically so received an appointment with Dr. Erbella on The following Wednesday. When I attended this appointment I was very impressed with everyone in his office. They were all very cheerful and friendly. My wife and I were very apprehensive about the results of the biopsy and unfortunately Dr. Erbella was the one that had to inform us that I had colon cancer. He was very caring and took a lot of time to explain everything to us and answer all the questions we had. Never once did he make us feel rushed but just the opposite. I also have a heart condition and on Coumadin which poses an additional challenge for surgery. Because of needing to be off my Coumadin for the colonoscopy my blood was still thicker so Dr. Erbella "Fit" me into his schedule for that Friday. He and his office made everything happen for cat scans, blood work, per op, prescriptions etc. so efficiently that all we needed to do was show up where told to be. My wife and I were obviously trying to absorb that I had cancer and it was such a blessing to have such a caring and professional Dr and staff taking care of everything so efficiently. The day of surgery my blood levels decided not to cooperate and my blood was too thin for surgery. Dr. Erbella explained in detail what our options were and all the risks. I chose to go ahead with the surgery but it took hours to get my blood to the correct levels and Dr. Erbella and his PA Jill Nash stuck around the hospital waiting to do the surgery. It was 8:30pm before they decided it was ok. It was so late that no one else was left in the pre op so they had moved me to post op while waiting for my surgery. I feel like they went above and beyond what most surgeons would have done. When the surgery was over both Dr Erbella and Jill went to the waiting room to tell my wife that everything went great and they were very optimistic about the outcome. Dr. Erbella also gave my wife a big hug and he and Jill were so caring with her that she said it helped her a lot. During my stay in the hospital either Dr. Erbella and or Jill came everyday to check on me and were always taking their time to make sure I understood everything and that my needs were being met. I have had the same care with my follow up visit and feel like the entire office genuinely cared about me. I can honestly say that I feel they saved my life!!!! They did get all the cancer and I am cancer free and because of the superb knowledge and talent of both Dr Erbella and Jill Nash PA, I can continue on with my wonderful life and be with my family. I would highly recommend Dr. Erbella and Jill Nash PA

|  Registered Nurse and patient  |  show details
by Brenda Rewis on May 14th, 2014

The kindness, quality of care and professionalism are superb. The entire staff was extremely helpful with the entire process of surgery from start to finish. Personal care given was amazing and I would recommend this group to any college or family member. I could not have asked for a better outcome with both procedures that I had done.

|  Nothing but praise for Dr. Erbella and Staff at Manatee Memorial  |  show details
by Steve Perry on May 14th, 2014

I was admitted to the hospital in march 2014 for a skin cancer on my upper arm that turned out to be a Melenoma.I had not taken quick action on this and it had grown to the point where there was blood loss. After Dr. Erbella removed it and did a Sentinal Lymph Node Biopsy, which thank God was negative,I continue to heal. I have been seeing a Dermotoligist religiously, which I should have done in the beginning when the cancer was small in size.Dr Erbella did surgery that left me with 32 stiches, and two months later, after the stiches were removed, I now have just a very thin line. What a GREAT JOB and I have the out most respect of Dr. Erbella, of any doctor I've had. Also thank-you to Jill and the office staff for their kindness and respect during this scary time in my life. If anyone out there who suspects their might be a skin abnormality looks suspicious please don't hesitate to see someone and if you need surgery, I recommend Dr. Erbella, his bedside manner and kindness is rare in today's medical world. Steve Perry.

|  Bad Care  |  show details
May 2nd, 2014

Overall very unsatisfied, doctor vert short and did not explain procedure.

|  Maintenance manager  |  show details
by Nelson Gil on Apr 21st, 2014

My time at manatee memorial I'll never forget, the staff we're excellent, from pre surgery with Jeff lisa at the 2nd floor to Eva Johanna after surgery, great Nurses they make my time go faster. if anyone needs surgery Dr Erbella & his team is the place to go

|  Awesome  |  show details
by Paulette on Apr 3rd, 2014

I can't say enough about Dr. Erbella and the office staff. They are all so pleasant and cheerful. They make you feel like a valuable person instead of just another face. They really care!!! They show that they enjoy their jobs by their pleasant attitudes and the smiles on their faces. There wasn't a time that I saw Dr. Erbella that he didn't give me a genuine hug. He takes the time to answer my questions in a caring way. He and Jill are always showing their caring, smiling faces. I want to thank Dr. Erbella and his staff for making a difficult situation bearable.

|  Dr Erbella is wonderful  |  show details
by Ashley Black on Apr 2nd, 2014

Doctor Erbella did my lap band surgery he has had the best bedside manner compared to Other doctors I used for lap band fills in the past. Once he separated from partnership with Dr Bunch things got even better with Dr Erbella's staff! I see Dr Erbella on a regular 2 week basis and he is always super nice and always willing to listen and teach. Jill is also wonderful. The staff are pleasant. Kris the office Manager is super nice and helpful always smiling. Overall Erbella's practice is outstanding! I have recommended many people to his practice. I will continue to tell people how much I like his practice.

|  Thrilled  |  show details
by Frank L. foster on Feb 20th, 2014

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am with Dr. Erbella. He performed a colon restructure and removal of my colostomy bag. His technique and handling the situation (following emergency surgery in Ohio last summer) was beyond my expectations. He is one of the most personable and skilled physicians I have ever encountered. Throughout the follow-up he has always been so willing to take time with me to be sure all my questions have been answered.. I hardly have a scar now, he did such a fantastic job. God bless you Dr Erbella and all the best to you your staff and family. Sincerely. Frank L. foster

|  He is the best and so is his staff and so a good proceedure!  |  show details
by ardeth Black on Feb 9th, 2014

Doctor Erbella -? the best - I would recommend him - most certainly. I was so impressed by his compassion and immediate sense of what my problem was, He got right to" making" time for me to have the surgery in his busy schedual, he was interested in fixing the discomfort ASAP My husband was kept informed of what was happening during the hospital stay - he was impressed too~ that is saying something~ I entered Doctor Erbella's office and immediately sensed this was going to be a good experience, The staff, starting at the door- the staff that took care of me the next day during the surgery, were all so professional, kind, and fun- to me that is important - as it makes the patient relax. Chip Jill The Cristines Susan Shanya and the others whose names I cannot quite recall deserve a big hug - thankyou all And to Doc - wow thanks I even took a walk today - feeling MUCH better Thank you

|  Hernia surgery  |  show details
by Barbara L. on Jan 28th, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Erbella and his staff. They are all very friendly and effecient. Dr. Erbella has a fantastic personality and is a great surgeon. I was up and around my house very quickly. Within a few days I had hardly any pain. I would not hesitate recommending him for any surgery. In fact I have told numerous friends that if they ever need surgery he is the one to see.

|  Wouldn't go to anyone else for Lap Band Surgery  |  show details
by Linda P on Jan 20th, 2014

I had my surgery done 5/12/2010 by both Erbella and Bunch but after they parted ways and the less than stellar experience going to that office, I transferred my follow ups to Dr Erbella and Jill. I find both of them helpful and they know how to use the "tough love" with their patients without making them feel bad about their failures. I will always recommend Dr Erbella for any type of surgery. The staff is also wonderful.

|  laporscopic  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2014

The first meeting with this doctor was easy. He put me at ease right off the bat and was very confident he could put me back together again. His bedside manor was terrific. Very professional yet caring for the patient. It was my first surgery ever and he let me feel all would be OK. Well, it is and I think he is the best. What a comfortable feeling to be in good hands.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by David Jolly on Nov 20th, 2013

Very personable, explains procedures. surgery went great with very small scar. would highly recommend. Thank you

|  Inept office staff  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2013

Just called to make an appointment. I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then cut off. Is this an indication of what the quality of service will be with this doctor?

|  No Scar  |  show details
by KM on Jul 31st, 2013

Excellent surgeon! He has a great bedside manner and is very skillful. He performed a gallbaldder surgery through just one small incision in my belly button and now I have no scar! My other freinds that have had the same surgery with many scars are so jealous:-) I was back to work in 3 days. He has a wonderful support staff in the office!

|  Best surgeon and staff  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2013

So glad I was referred to Dr. Erbella. He and Jill explained everything to me before and after surgery in a way that I completely understood what was going to happen and happened. His office staff was personal, prompt, and professional. Thank you!

|  The Best Choice  |  show details
by Tina on May 4th, 2013

I feel so blessed to have Dr. Erbella as my surgeon. I was diagnosed w/ aggressive breast cancer in mid February, was seen by him the day after, and 2 days later he operated. The cancer was invasive so immediately I had a second surgery, a total nipple-sparing mastectomy. Dr. Erbella is current w/ breast cancer, is an excellent surgeon, and his bedside manner is tops. He followed my recovery closely for several weeks. Being diagnosed w/ cancer is shocking, and I am scared, but Dr. Erbella's positive attitude is contagious. Jill is his 4-star PA; Kris, Brittany, and the rest of his office staff are 4-star as well!

|  Amazing  |  show details
by Jennifer on Apr 23rd, 2013

In the last six months, Dr Erbella has performed three surgeries on me. His office staff are always warm and welcoming when I come in the office for mt appointments. Dr Erbella and Jill have gone above and beyond what was ever expected with me. They have taken the time to make me feel at ease, and they have done a wonderful job. From my first appointment, to surgeries, and then to post op, he is a wonderful and kind physician. I could not of asked for a better experience! If there ever comes a time that I need any other surgeries, he will be the first I call.

|  Hernia  |  show details
by RJ on Jan 17th, 2013

Dr. Erbella was able to repair my hernia by the laparoscopic method with a small umbilical scar a 3 weeks ago. I had no problems and he did a great job. I'm back in the gym today and feel wonderful. I owe him big time!

|  Excellant doctor  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

He took my Gallbladder out, in the morning, was home by noon,no problems.

|  Surgery with Dr. Erbella  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

I had a surgical procedured performed the summer of 2010. I could not have been more satisfied with the entire experience.From my initial office visit, through my follow-up appointment, the entire process flowed smoothly. My surgery was done in the surgery center setting and if I could recommend one thing, it would be to investigate wether or not your particular surgical procedure could be performed in the outpatient surgery center setting. I was in and out before I knew it. As a matter of fact, Dr. Erbella called me at home the night of my procedure to check up on me! I cant's say enough nice things about his practice, including his staff. His office manager Kris, is extremely knowledgeable regarding all of the procedures Dr. Erbella performs and is quick to answer any questions a patient has.John N.

Aug 6th, 2012

My experience with Dr Erbella and staff was excellent. Facing a possible diagnosis of cancer was really frightening. Every one in the office was excellent. Within two weeks my surgery was completed and I had the negative pathology report! I feel blessed to have been treated in such an efficient way.

|  Post surgical comments on PPH Hemorrhoidectomy  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Dr. Erbella performed a PPH Hemorrhoidectomy on me, about a week ago. Doing research online about the procedure, I was inundated with "horror" stories of people who had the procedure done and had bad complications. Needless to say, this made me very nervous. Dr. Erbella explained everything in detail to me and gave me concrete advice on what to do in my post-op care to ensure that my recovery would be rapid and easy. One week later, I can say that Dr. Erbella was spot on in his advice. My recovery has been relatively "easy". There was no post-op pain and very little discomfort. My bowel movements are getting more regular now and no more discomfort on elimination. Dr. Erbella is a true professional both in his attitude and his performance. Anyone who has difficulties with hemorrhoids should feel very comfortable in letting this man solve your problem.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

He took great care of me. I would highly recommend him to my freinds and family.

|  Outstanding and Compassionate Doctor  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2012

Dr. Erbella is a wonderful and caring doctor. He has operated on me several times, always with success. His staff is courteous and professional and so very helpful. Dr. Erbella is so compassionate and helpful. All of my surgeries (and there have been quite a few from breast cancer, catheter for dialysis and cancers on my legs) have been successful and stress free. I would recommend Dr.Erbella to anyone and know that they would receive the outstanding treatment that I have received. Thanks Dr. Erbella, Kris, Jill, Trish and Brittany. You are the best!!!!!

|  Amazing!!!!!!!  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

I saw Dr Erbella after being diagnosed with cancer. It was a very scary time in my life. From the time I walked through his front door I felt like a family member. His staff goes above and beyond what I have ever seen (and at 85 I have seen a lot!. The girls at the front desk greeted me with a warm smile. Jill and Dr Erbella sat down beside me and explained everthing so I could understand it. They were so compassionate. Kris walked me through all my surgery instructions and made sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Dr Erbella and his staff to anyone that wants to have a good experience with a talented surgeon. He only made one little incision on me. I healed so fast. Not that I want to wear a bikini at 85 but that was impressive!!!

Sep 17th, 2011

Dr. Erbella is probably the nicest doctor I've ever met. His staff, including Jill make me feel like I'm their only patient. Dr. Erbella and Jill have operated on me twice and will be again in a few weeks. I don't know how I would have gotten through the last 8 months without him!!!

|  Best Dr in town  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

I was referred by my mom to see Dr Erbella after a bad experience with another doctor. When i sat down with him for 5 min i knew he was the type of Dr that cared how you felt. everytime i go to receive a fill he has a smile on his face and everyone in the office is in a good mood. That is what you want but i will tell you making the right choice in dr is the biggest choice you will make and going with him was the best thing i did for myself. Thank You Dr Erbella for being there for me.

Jan 23rd, 2011

Dr. Erbella and his staff are very friendly, sensitive, and supportive. I always leave the office with a smile on my face.

|  SarasotaSwitch  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

I was referred by my friend to see Dr Erbella after a bad experience with another doctor. I traveled far, but it was well worth it. He was very kind and a gifted surgeon. He spent a lot of time with me before and after surgery. I would definitely see him again and send my family to him. I am very thankful for him.

|  Daughter Dee  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

I met Dr E today with my mother who needs cancer surgery. He was well worth the wait! He was so kind and caring. He answered all our questions and treated us like family. He seemed genuinely concerned about her health. I feel she is in excellent hands.

|  KL  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2010

Dr. E is an excellent physician. I would highly recommend him to family & friends. He really helped save my life from breast cancer.

|  Lucky  |  show details
by Lucky on Aug 29th, 2010

I was so lucky to find Dr Erbella....he saved my life!!! I needed cancer surgery and he was able to help when others couldnt. I would definitely would recommend him to my friends and family!!!

by B.Draper on May 18th, 2010

I would defininately recommend him to anyone.

|  Unprofessional Staff  |  show details
by Poor Staff on May 5th, 2010

Over 2 hour wait time

|  Saved my Life!  |  show details
by GratefulM on Apr 8th, 2010

Dr. Erbella is a terrific surgeon and person. He listened to me and took excellent care of my needs and had a great bedside manner. He made me feel like he was taking care of a family member and always kept my family informed. I actually saw another surgeon at a nearby Cancer center before and chose Dr. Erbella over this "famous" canter because of the more personal care and his great expertise. I was really impressed by him and am grateful I made that decision. I truly feel he saved my life.

|  Awesome surgeon  |  show details
by TS on Nov 15th, 2009

Overall a great experience. Dr. Erbella was a blessing to me and my family. He helped me through a difficult cancer treatment and now I am cancer-free thanks to him. I highly recommend him.

Sep 17th, 2009

He is a good Doctor

by John on Aug 21st, 2009

Excellent first impression & he did a fantastic job taking care of me. He listened to everything I had to say, & was very thorough & reviewed all my options. He is an excellent surgeon. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend him to friends & family.

|  EXCELLENT GASTRO-INTESTINAL SURGEON  |  show details
by happygirl on Oct 22nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

Great listener, excellent diagnosis, really balances patient's concerns vs. medical health needs. Sticks to the facts, but is willing to get 2nd opinions if patient wants this.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com