Overall Review

October 28th, 2015
Words can't explain how grateful I am to this Dr. He performed two surgeries on my mother and I must say on behalf of her, we are eternally grateful and so blessed to have had him on our team. His bedside manner is extremely tender and compassionate. It makes me want to cry when I think of how he goes above and beyond in caring for his patients.

October 14th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr. Jose Guillem for anyone who needs colorectal surgery, he's very thorough, accurate and kind. He saved my life. Thank you Dr. Guillem. God Bless you! :)

June 17th, 2015
Simply the best
I was diagnosed with a cancerous polyp in November, 2014 and then Lynch Syndrome in December, 2014 (a hereditary chromosomal mutation that makes one more susceptible to colon and other cancers ). I knew from the moment I met Dr. Guillem that I was in excellent hands. He removed my entire colon in a 7 + hour surgery in February, 2015. I was up and walking the next day (one mile), had no pain, only discomfort, and made it out of the hospital in 3.5 days. I attribute that to Dr. Guillem's skill. Dr. Guillem is intelligent, thoughtful, caring and highly skilled. His staff mirrors his fine qualities.

April 30th, 2015
Dr. guillem is a superb surgeon. He builds personal connections with his patients. After a red eye international flight, he came straight to the hospital to visit me. I feel complete confidence im in good care with Dr. Guillem

March 13th, 2015
Thank you Dr. Guillem
Dr. Guillem is the best - he literally saved my father's life by performing an extended R colectomy (without a colostomy). This type of surgery is quite extensive and requires special skill - and amazingly Dr. Guillem performed it perfectly. Even more amazing is the fact you can live very well without your large intestine. My father has been able to return to eating the same foods he did before surgery. The patient care on the "colorectal" floor at MSKCC was wonderful - all the doctors and nurses are highly trained, many with advanced degrees. And the Fellows making rounds were outstanding.

February 2nd, 2015
Dr. Guillem Outstanding Surgeon
After I was told by my Gastroenterologist that I needed a colon resection, due to stage 1 colon cancer, I had done a lot of research on Colorectal Surgeons that were the tops in their field. After meeting with Dr. Guillem, my decision had been made. Dr. Guillem is by far one of the top surgeons in his field. He is the Director of the Hereditary Colorectal Family Registry. He is the principal investigator of a national study on early age on set colorectal cancer. He has also co authored more than 200 journal articles and book chapters. You can read more info on the MSKCC profile of Dr. Guillem. Upon meeting with Dr. Guillem, not only was I impressed by his credentials, he is such a kind and caring doctor. His staff is amazing! They are such warm and kind individuals! My stay at Memorial Sloan Kettering was a wonderful one. From the Fellows, nurses to the volunteers, They all made my stay very comfortable. Dr. Guillem, his staff and MSKCC are the best of the best!!!!

December 11th, 2014
Dr. Guillem is one of the best of the best
Dr. Guillem is the best and very caring human being.

December 11th, 2014
Dr. Gulliem is Awesome ! I would refer him to anyone whom needs his expertise. I had an exceptional experience !

February 21st, 2013
Dr Guillem and his team are the best. I researched several surgeons from many different hospitals and after my first appt with Dr Guillem I knew it was impossible to receive better care. Dr Guillem is not only a skilled surgeon but also compassionate and warm. He spends as much time as needed at every appt and is sure to answer all questions. On occasion, it is necessary to wait for over an hour for your appt but it is only because he gives each patient and their families personal care. He really takes the time to get to know you and does not forget. Dr Guillem even visited me on weekends while in the hospital.

September 7th, 2012
Dr. Guillem is an outstanding colorectal surgeon. He saved my loved one's life by performing a very difficult surgery In addition, to his skill as a top surgeon, he's truly one of the nicest people I have ever met. I will always appreciate what he has done for our family.

March 31st, 2010
Thank you!
We researched all the top colorectal surgeons in NY and by far Dr. Guillem was the absolute best choice. The level of expertise, care, compassion, and overall treatment we received by Dr. Guillem and his staff was beyond exceptional. My entire family was impressed and eternally grateful to Dr. Guillem. We recommend him highly and thank him forever.

January 1st, 2010
sometimes it is a shame that top doctors don't even come close to basic courtesy, humanity or caring. i went in for a consult knowing i had cancer but he was unable to get me on his surgical schedule but more importantly unable to say i should go elsewhere!! glad i still have common sense to get out of there!! and i will live without him or sloan.