José Guillem MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 13th, 2017
A great surgeon
Dr. Guillem literally saved my a.. He is a wonderful surgeon and truly shows concern for his patients. I highly recommend him.

April 24th, 2017
God bless Dr Guillem
Wonderful man, great surgeon. Saved my life.

April 15th, 2017
Wonderful doctor,wonderful staff

April 15th, 2017
Wonderful Dr. and wonderful Staff

January 12th, 2017
Brilliant Doctor
This doctor and his team saved my husband and were nothing short of superheroes. We will remain eternally grateful.

October 14th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr. Jose Guillem for anyone who needs colorectal surgery, he's very thorough, accurate and kind. He saved my life. Thank you Dr. Guillem. God Bless you! :)

June 17th, 2015
Simply the best
I was diagnosed with a cancerous polyp in November, 2014 and then Lynch Syndrome in December, 2014 (a hereditary chromosomal mutation that makes one more susceptible to colon and other cancers ). I knew from the moment I met Dr. Guillem that I was in excellent hands. He removed my entire colon in a 7 + hour surgery in February, 2015. I was up and walking the next day (one mile), had no pain, only discomfort, and made it out of the hospital in 3.5 days. I attribute that to Dr. Guillem's skill. Dr. Guillem is intelligent, thoughtful, caring and highly skilled. His staff mirrors his fine qualities.

April 30th, 2015
Dr. guillem is a superb surgeon. He builds personal connections with his patients. After a red eye international flight, he came straight to the hospital to visit me. I feel complete confidence im in good care with Dr. Guillem

March 13th, 2015
Thank you Dr. Guillem
Dr. Guillem is the best - he literally saved my father's life by performing an extended R colectomy (without a colostomy). This type of surgery is quite extensive and requires special skill - and amazingly Dr. Guillem performed it perfectly. Even more amazing is the fact you can live very well without your large intestine. My father has been able to return to eating the same foods he did before surgery. The patient care on the "colorectal" floor at MSKCC was wonderful - all the doctors and nurses are highly trained, many with advanced degrees. And the Fellows making rounds were outstanding.

February 3rd, 2015
Dr. Guillem Outstanding Surgeon
After I was told by my Gastroenterologist that I needed a colon resection, due to stage 1 colon cancer, I had done a lot of research on Colorectal Surgeons that were the tops in their field. After meeting with Dr. Guillem, my decision had been made. Dr. Guillem is by far one of the top surgeons in his field. He is the Director of the Hereditary Colorectal Family Registry. He is the principal investigator of a national study on early age on set colorectal cancer. He has also co authored more than 200 journal articles and book chapters. You can read more info on the MSKCC profile of Dr. Guillem. Upon meeting with Dr. Guillem, not only was I impressed by his credentials, he is such a kind and caring doctor. His staff is amazing! They are such warm and kind individuals! My stay at Memorial Sloan Kettering was a wonderful one. From the Fellows, nurses to the volunteers, They all made my stay very comfortable. Dr. Guillem, his staff and MSKCC are the best of the best!!!!

December 11th, 2014
Dr. Guillem is one of the best of the best
Dr. Guillem is the best and very caring human being.

December 11th, 2014
Dr. Gulliem is Awesome ! I would refer him to anyone whom needs his expertise. I had an exceptional experience !