Dr. Jose Fernandez MD Patient Reviews

• Cardiovascular Disease Tucson, AZ

3.0

January 17th, 2017
Great Doctor, staff, not so much
I needed a cardiology clearance at my PCP's request prior to back surgery. What a disaster!. Since there was only 9 business days to get this done, I hand carried a copy of my EKG and delivered it to one of the practice's office. They seemed to have lost it. I'd rate Dr. Fernandez a 3 or 4 professionally, his staff a negative 3 or 4. I called on successive days, trying to find out where I stood in getting the clearance. I spent an average of 17 minutes on hold before given the opportunity to talk to a human or another machine. I talked with his assistant but didn't get replies to my queries unless I chose the Rapid Response team option. A good practice doesn't force everyone to wait that long. The good ones sort out the calls in the first minute, billing, doctor calling, pharmacy calling, leave a voice mail. Not here. After a week I fired him and his practice after finding a highly recommend cardiologist who understood the need and squeezed me in.

July 21st, 2015
What a gem!
We visited Dr. Fernandez at the Pima Heart clinic in Nogales AZ. We had two appointments, one for my wife and one for me. Very thorough and professional, glad we made the switch in heart doctors. His pep talk (out of many others) helped me to finally quite smoking.

March 23rd, 2015
Highly recommend dr. Fernandez. Friendly with patient and accurate diagnosis.