Dr. Jose Medina MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Bryan, TX

1.0

May 12th, 2012
I interacted with Dr.Medina in the ER when he evaluated my 10 yr son who had injured his wrist. Dr. Medina spent very little time evaluating him. He did not ask my son how much pain he was in (the boy was in a lot of pain). He did not offer a pain relieve. He merely stated that the X ray did not show a fracture and all that was required was to ice the area. I had to ask for a splint which he felt was unnecessary but reluctantly agreed to. I had to ask for ibuprofen to relieve pain. When patient feedback becomes a factor in physician re-imbursement levels, I hope this physician finds he gets paid 20% of the top physicians based on his 1 out of 5 star rating.

September 25th, 2011
Hannibal Lechter has better bedside manners
I was forced to use this doctor in the ER. His listening skills and compassion for my situation was zero. He was short with me, dismissive, condescending and in general, a horrible human being. In terms of his diagnosis, it was actually made by an intern who took the time to ask me questions instead of assuming what was wrong with me. Dr. Medina diagnosis was that I was "hysterical" after seeing I was a middle-aged female, and needed sedatives - which I refused. The intern was able to see that I was "hysterical" because I couldn't breathe! To add insult to injure, Dr. Medina turned me into a collection agency instead of billing me for his services. And I have insurance! Don't use him if you have any other choice.