Pediatrician, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Pediatric Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Office Staff Terrible  |  show details
by Amelia on Nov 26th, 2013

We made an appointment 1 1/2 months prior to our actual appointment with the doctor, because that was the soonest he had for after school hours. Daughter was in pain and we couldn't wait any longer. Called to make an appointment with another doctor, at another medical group, on a Friday. Appointment was on Monday at 4pm and medical procedure was performed on Tuesday. I just received a bill for a NO SHOW from Dr. Mestre's office, which I was NEVER informed by the staff when the appointment was made, for $50.00. I would understand, had my daughter BEEN a patient of his, however, she has NEVER been seen by this doctor. They told me to find another doctor, lol!! I said "Thank you, we did"..... Find another doctor, don't go to this one!!!

|  Gastroenterology  |  show details
by ACM on Oct 3rd, 2013

Do not use this Dr. his office is the most unfriendly staff I have ever dealt with. He may be an average Gastro. but dealing with his unprofessional staff is not worth it, there are much better offices around, find someone else.

Jul 19th, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Mestre to anyone who's child needs to see a GI Dr. He was wonderful with my son and made him feel relaxed and at ease. His bedside manner is wonderful! He performed a very through exam and asked and answered many questions, I never once felt rushed through like at many other Dr. Offices. His office was very"kid friendly" with many activities to keep them busy while we waited. I was very impressed with him and his staff. If he were not a specialist, I'd switch pediatrians today!

Jul 5th, 2013

I took my 5 y.o. to see Dr. Mestre due to frequent complaints of stomach aches. He was wonderful with her. He made her smile and laugh and forget why she was there. While doing this he was also respectful and informative to me as a parent. I was already impressed, and then I received a return call from Dr. Mestre on a Friday night of a holiday weekend about a question that could have easily waited until Monday morning. This is definitely going above and beyond. Luckily for us, my daughter's problem has been an easy fix of following the diet recommended by Dr. Mestre. I definitely will recommend Dr. Mestre to anyone who has a child with GI problems.

by Samuel A on Jan 29th, 2013

Would not recommend this doctor ever. Referred by our dr. to run tests on our daughter. In almost a one month wait and three to four phone calls, about one per week, we have yet to get a call back with the results. We get the usual reply from the uncourteous staff, he is very busy and will get back to us. We finally had to call our dr. to see if he could get the results-still waiting...

|  Very thorough and does not give medicine unnecessarily.  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2012

He was extremely attentive to accuracy and detail, a thorough worker and a thorough analysis. Explained with great detail and in a way that we could understand completely. I do not want my child taking medicine unnecessarily and I did not have to worry about that with him.

|  Jose Mestre let his personal feelings interfere with my daughter's health  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2011

He gave treatment to my daughter without my knowledge or approval. He had a personal conflict with treating my daughter. Due to the family conflict and his personal feelings towards me, he put my daughter at risk and improperly diagnosed her.It is my understanding that doctors are not supposed to treat immediate family members and he purposely violated his oath in an effort to further his family members custody issues.