Dr. Jose Nieto DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2015
Happy mom
My 14 year old daughter had been struggling with her health for 2 1/2 years before meeting with Dr. Nieto. She suffered. From daily nausea and vomiting, headaches/migraines, constipation and many other minor ailments throughout her illness. She was originally seen by GI and neuro doctors who couldn't find anything wrong. After a stay at the hospital we met a geneticist who diagnosed her with cyclic vomiting syndrome. After more hospital stays and ER visits than I can remember, I had finally had enough of all the different opinions, suggestions and medications that were not helping my daughter. I was able to get her in to see Dr. Nieto who diagnosed her with chronic idiopathic constipation and pelvic floor dysfunction. He put her on Linzess and sent her for biofeedback physical therapy. After 3 therapy sessions my daughter was able to come off of the medication and has not been sick since. I am so grateful for Dr. Nieto. Finally, someone who knew what they were talking about and knew exactly how to treat my daughter.

May 31st, 2015
He is the best!! I recommend him to everyone who needs a gastroenterologist

May 23rd, 2015
Amazing provider.

January 10th, 2015
Very good listener. I had a complicated medical condition. But he was able to put everything together and I feel amazing.

November 15th, 2014
Colonoscopy Scare
This is a awesome doctor. A doctor left a 18mm pollup in my colon which caused severe hemoraghing which caused me to lose so much blood I needed 2 pints of donated blood. I almost died. This doctor performed the 2nd colonoscopy and found the 18MM pollup that I HAVE NO CLUE how someone could have missed it. It was the largest one in my colon and I had over a dozen. Anyway....this doctor can clean my colon ANYTIME. He was very polite. Introduced himself to me before and after the surgery. I loved the experience with him. I DEFINATELY would refer him!!!!! He knows his stuff. These old doctors need to retire!

October 8th, 2014
A true blessing in disguise
After a barium swallow revealed a mass in my esophagus I was put on Dr. Nieto schedule for an endoscopy since my regular physician was going on vacation. Not knowing Dr. Nieto I was very nervous and even wanted to wait till my doctor returned from vacation to have this procedure done. God himself pushed me to carry forward with Dr. Nieto and all I can say is what a true blessing!! Dr. Nieto was very reassuring to me in letting me know that he will take good care of me and he would remove my mass if he was able to. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to remove my mass due to the size but never the less he guided me where I needed to be and who I needed to see. Because of Dr. Nieto expertise, professionalism and wonderful bed side manner I've transferred my care under him. Today, I am mass free, happy and healthy because of his professional guidance. Thank you Dr. Nieto!

September 30th, 2014
the best dr in town
dr nieto is the best dr in Jacksonville fl I would send every one I know to him

March 13th, 2014
Esophageal problem
Since the early 1990's I have had a continuous problem with food getting caught in my esophagus. Over this time period I've had my throat dilated half a dozen times to ease the problem. In 2011 saw a different doctor with this group who diagnosed my new problem (eosinophilic esophaitis) and was instructed to swallow my medicine via an inhaler, which did not work for me. In early 2014 went to see Dr Nieto about my problem and he recommended that I try a different method of taking my medicine (swallowing a nasal spray) plus a regiment of other medicines which has worked tremendously. Have not had a problem with my throat since I started this program. Would highly recommend Dr. Nieto for anyone who might have this affliction..

February 27th, 2014
Changed My Life!!
I suffered from chronic diarriah for about 5 years. I would have uncontrollable bowel movements, I was afraid to eat because what ever I ate ran straight through my body and I just couldn't control my bowels. I was constantly aware of a bathroom and wouldn't go somewhere or partake in activities if it ventured too far from a bathroom. Not being able to control my bowels lead me to having anxiety all the time and I just was not living life, I was just trying to survive it. I finally couldn't live like this anymore and that's when I found Dr. Nieto and Borland Groover. He changed my life. We went through several tests and finally he diagnosed me with Bile Mal absorption syndrome. He place me on Welchol, which I will take the rest of my life. But it has changed my entire life. I no longer suffer from uncontrollable bowel movements or chronic diarriah or the constant worry of where is the next bathroom. I am living my life, something I lost for 5 years. It was embarrassing at first, then I realized I have a condition, and it's okay because I am in control now. I would recommend DR. Nieto to anyone having any kind of stomach issue. My only regret is not going to him sooner!

January 9th, 2014
i finally have my life back
after a long miserable and painful life for over 5 years I made an appointment with Dr Nieto. He is genuine and caring. He listened to me and was able to fix my issue. I now have a life. Thank you so much I do not think you will ever know how grateful I am to have a normal life again.

December 5th, 2013
Excellent
I was very ill when I first met Dr. Nieto. I was feeling hopeless and didn't feel like anyone understood the pain and suffering I was experiencing. I had two episodes of acute pancreatitis and have sludge in my gallbladder. Dr. Nieto preformed exploratory surgery and ordered some tests that no doctor had ever preformed. He found my problems and for the first time in my life, I have hope of living a more "normal" life. He has me on the right diet, vitamins and medication. He listened to me and explained everything until I was able to understand my treatment plan. He also said to call if I have any questions and I will be following up with him. I don't ever want to lose this doctor as my G. I. doctor. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone who is experiencing stomach, (gastrointestinal) problems. He changed my life. There is hope. Thank you Dr. Nieto.

October 3rd, 2013
Worth the Drive
We were one of Dr Nieto's patients here in Orlando and we ARE one of his patients in Jacksonville now. He is worth the drive. He listens, evaluates, and recommends the appropriate treatment . Bedside manner is awesome , his good looks is a bonus. We have been to several doctors here in Orlando, one was good but seemed so busy and always in a hurry . One terrible one in Maitland just wanted to give extreme medications . Dr Nieto on the other hand listens to his patients, evaluates the overall condition and gives the appropriate treatment without making his patients feel incompetent for giving a personal input .