Dr. Jose Nieto, DO

Borland-Groover Clinic
4800 Belfort Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32256
904-398-7205
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Esophageal problem  |  show details
by Douglas Ruff on Mar 13th, 2014

Since the early 1990's I have had a continuous problem with food getting caught in my esophagus. Over this time period I've had my throat dilated half a dozen times to ease the problem. In 2011 saw a different doctor with this group who diagnosed my new problem (eosinophilic esophaitis) and was instructed to swallow my medicine via an inhaler, which did not work for me. In early 2014 went to see Dr Nieto about my problem and he recommended that I try a different method of taking my medicine (swallowing a nasal spray) plus a regiment of other medicines which has worked tremendously. Have not had a problem with my throat since I started this program. Would highly recommend Dr. Nieto for anyone who might have this affliction..

|  Changed My Life!!  |  show details
by Nicole Bajalia on Feb 26th, 2014

I suffered from chronic diarriah for about 5 years. I would have uncontrollable bowel movements, I was afraid to eat because what ever I ate ran straight through my body and I just couldn't control my bowels. I was constantly aware of a bathroom and wouldn't go somewhere or partake in activities if it ventured too far from a bathroom. Not being able to control my bowels lead me to having anxiety all the time and I just was not living life, I was just trying to survive it. I finally couldn't live like this anymore and that's when I found Dr. Nieto and Borland Groover. He changed my life. We went through several tests and finally he diagnosed me with Bile Mal absorption syndrome. He place me on Welchol, which I will take the rest of my life. But it has changed my entire life. I no longer suffer from uncontrollable bowel movements or chronic diarriah or the constant worry of where is the next bathroom. I am living my life, something I lost for 5 years. It was embarrassing at first, then I realized I have a condition, and it's okay because I am in control now. I would recommend DR. Nieto to anyone having any kind of stomach issue. My only regret is not going to him sooner!

|  i finally have my life back  |  show details
by phebe walker on Jan 8th, 2014

after a long miserable and painful life for over 5 years I made an appointment with Dr Nieto. He is genuine and caring. He listened to me and was able to fix my issue. I now have a life. Thank you so much I do not think you will ever know how grateful I am to have a normal life again.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Angela Fearheiley on Dec 5th, 2013

I was very ill when I first met Dr. Nieto. I was feeling hopeless and didn't feel like anyone understood the pain and suffering I was experiencing. I had two episodes of acute pancreatitis and have sludge in my gallbladder. Dr. Nieto preformed exploratory surgery and ordered some tests that no doctor had ever preformed. He found my problems and for the first time in my life, I have hope of living a more "normal" life. He has me on the right diet, vitamins and medication. He listened to me and explained everything until I was able to understand my treatment plan. He also said to call if I have any questions and I will be following up with him. I don't ever want to lose this doctor as my G. I. doctor. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone who is experiencing stomach, (gastrointestinal) problems. He changed my life. There is hope. Thank you Dr. Nieto.

|  Worth the Drive  |  show details
by Orlando Patient on Oct 3rd, 2013

We were one of Dr Nieto's patients here in Orlando and we ARE one of his patients in Jacksonville now. He is worth the drive. He listens, evaluates, and recommends the appropriate treatment . Bedside manner is awesome , his good looks is a bonus. We have been to several doctors here in Orlando, one was good but seemed so busy and always in a hurry . One terrible one in Maitland just wanted to give extreme medications . Dr Nieto on the other hand listens to his patients, evaluates the overall condition and gives the appropriate treatment without making his patients feel incompetent for giving a personal input .

by central florida on Aug 29th, 2013

Just went to Dr Nieto to have an endoscopy. The entire staff was fantastic Kudos to Eric and Pennie for getting me settled in Pennie was great with the IV by the way. Saw Dr Nieto after and as usual he was reassuring and comforting. 4 years now he has been my doctor and he has not lost that personal touch of his. I travel 2 1/2 hours to Jaxsonville to see him and will continue to do so.

|  Port St. Lucie., Fl.  |  show details
by Marianne Beam on Mar 17th, 2013

I travelled to Jacksonville to have a procedure by Dr. Nieto. To my surprise he was not only truly a wonderful, well educated and very personable doctor, but caring and well worth the drive to Jacksonville. I have never met a doctor so understanding and caring of his patients as this doctor. I hope his love of his work continues. He is a very special person, "Doctor".

|  Finally, an answer  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

For 6 years I had struggled with violent digestive problem that kept me home from work periodically and made me believe I might be dying. Dr. Nieto was the only one who thought it might be a simple food allergy. When I eliminated wheat, my symptoms calmed down. I can live with this.

|  A Good Doctor Is Worth The Wait  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

Dr.Nieto is a very gentle, kind doctor. he listens and will find what is going on with your body. This fine young man is very intelligent and worth the weight to see. This is good as he will spend the same time with you. He found my problem and stays on with what is going on with my body. He contacts my other drs. to advise and receive information as to what else is going on with me. With my approval. This is a very good doctor. a doctor who rushes may miss something. Even though Dr. Nieto isn't in my area I will continue to see him, as I trust him and will continue where ever he goes. god bless and may Angels surround dr. Nieto. thank you doc.

|  one of my best doctors  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

i have followed dr nirto from orlando to jacksonville fl,he is the only doctor i trust treating my pancreattis,i am 71yrs old and have to travel several hours tosee him

|  Dr. Nieto really listens  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

For the past few decades I have been suffering from multiple digestive issues which were originally diagnosed as IBS. A few months ago I went to the ED at a local hospital suffering from severe abdominal pain and "chills". Blood tests at the time showed a WBC of 15,000. I was admitted as a GI possible GYN patient. The PA working for a local GI dismissed my case as GYN and did not take the time to discuss my issues or symptoms. After four days I was discharged whereupon I requested that my PCP coordinate my care and refer me to a different GI group for follow up. She referred me to Borland Groover and they set an appointment for me with Dr. Nieto. I am so grateful that they did. He was completely thorough and really took the time to discuss and review my medical history. He even took the time to summarize and confirm everything again just to make sure that nothing was missing during his decision making process for determining the course of diagnostic services needed. At the end of our first discussion he stated that he had an idea as to what my condition might be and that a biopsy of the esophagus was required for diagnosis. He performed an Endoscopy and a Colonoscopy the following week. He (Dr Nieto) along with the nurses and the Anesthesiologist at Borland Groover did a fantastic job of making me comfortable. The procedures went extremely well with no ill effects. The esophageal biopsy confirmed that I suffered from Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EE) and a gastric fill study showed that I have Gastroparesis. To some it may seem that what was found does not match the primary symptoms as presented to the ED. However, it is important to recognize that EE is an auto-immune disorder that is generally triggered by food allergies. The food allergies cause and have been causing (apparantly) a variety of symptoms. Dr. Nieto was quick to recognize that this was the possibility. After I received the dx of EE I was referred to an Allergist and it is confirmed that I have many food allergies, some of which are common foods such as milk and wheat. I was eating what my body viewed as poison on a daily basis. After only three weeks of eliminating these foods from my diet and taking the appropriate meds to treat the allergies and the EE I feel better than I have in 20 years. I have and will continue to recommend this physician to anyone who requires GI care.

Dec 19th, 2011

he is a very careing doctor,saw him in his orlando office,but now travel 112miles one way to see him in jacksonville,i am very sick and he is doing every thing possible to help me,even though there is no cure for my problem.

|  Dr. Nieto was a true angel for me  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

I told Dr. Nieto he was my last hope after many years of being very ill. I saw so many drs. None could find what was wrong. I thank God for giving me this wonderful caring, patient doctor. He gave me the same time he does anyone else. He is so good. I am in Az for now but will go to Florida to see him; as I trust him with my life. God bless him and may many angels surround him and help guide him.

|  A very knowledgeable dr.  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Dr. Nieto is a very caring compassionate man. After years of specialist no one could find what was wrong. I even had gone to Shans. No result. Passing out, severe pain for years, diahhrea, throwing up. God bless Dr. Nieto for his knowledge and care. He found what was wrong with me. He to me was my last chance. I appreciate the time he spends with me. and have no problem waiting as I know someone else is being given very good care. I told him to be blunt and honest. I do not like secrets. god love him. I am grateful everyday for him. I would take y grandkids to him if I thought he could help. I'd take my ownkids. Dr. Jose M Nieto Angels around you. God bless you, Keep you safe. Continue your awesome work. Kathleen McMullen

Sep 9th, 2011

I had my endoscopy last month and I was diagnosed with Hpylori and eosinophillic gastritis, Dr nieto knew what to do right away. He started me on antibiotics, then on an antiinflammatory medication for my stomach and sent me to an allergist and I feel great now.

|  Understands the root cause  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

First of all, the nor and Grover office was great. They were courteous on the phone when I made my appointment & were just as professional and polite when I went in. Kudos to a patient-friendly office. Dr nieto was the first GI that actually did a root cause analysis. It may seem remedial but he did it the right way. He asked me so many questions that it really surprised me because I was used to meaningless conversations with other Doctors. He ended up doing an endoscopy on me and made me feel very comfortable about the procedure even though I'm not the bravest person when it comes to this. Everything was a success and with his guidance I feel significantly better and am well informed about my condition. Thanks doctor for helping me feel better and for explaining what I needed to do to live a better life.

Sep 8th, 2011

I had a very good experience at Borland Groover clinic. I had my upper endoscopy by dr Nieto. I did not feel a thing it went very smooth. The nurses were great and the overall experience was excellent. I had my follow this week and dr Nieto took the time to explain the findings and he gave me a diet and treatment plan. I talked to one of my friends at ucla that recommended dr Nieto. He was at ucla for a long time and was well respected at ucla.

Sep 8th, 2011

I had my endoscopic ultrasound done by dr Nieto he found an early tumor in my pancreas I went to surgery and did very well. His office was polite and accommodated me Very quickly. After my diagnosis dr Nieto took the time to explain the procedure findings and what the treatment was. He was very empathetic and compassionate he made me feel like he really cared about me as a person.

|  Absolutely the Best G I around  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

He found my problem and immediately help care for me. I was so very ill. Dr. NietoWas right on the spot and able to rid me of my discomfort.I will gladly tell people to see him. He is very very good in his field. Takes time to explan what is going on or what needs to watch for. And is very nice.

|  Good Results  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

I met Dr Nieto recently, he had a very through approach to my chronic condition. He figured out what was going on after a few test and two office visits. I am currently on a treatment plan and my condition is under control. I have very little symptoms and my quality of life has improved significantly. My condition is a common one but he took the time to listen, that is what made my diagnosis and treatment so easy to figure out. I thank him for his professionalism and his time to listen. I have referred several friends and they have had similar positive experiences.

|  Great Office  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

Professional office, good service, nice doctor. The whole process was professional and efficient.

Aug 2nd, 2011

My initial thought upon meeting Dr. Nieto was, "he's too young." I was quick to change my opinion upon beginning my examination as I was impressed by his professionalism, empathy, patience and seemingly high level of knowledge. He took the time to thoroughly examine me and explain his diagnosis. I was extremely satisfied with Dr. Nieto's bedside manners, knowledge and treatment. I highly recommend him.

|  Finally, A Doctor With True Patient Interest  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

I recently saw Dr. Nieto and I can honestly say he was very knowledgeable and took full interest in my problems. It was the first doctor in a long time who was taken the time to fully explain the causes of my symptoms and to make sure I understood. My wife was also very impressed because he helped her understand also since she takes care of me. The office was also great and there was no wait time like at other places. His nurse also was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable also.I would recommend this doctor to all my friends and family.

|  Kissimmee Florida  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

I saw Dr Nieto 2nd week of May 2011, I'm so impressed by this physician, Its like seeing Dr. Welby for those of you who know who he was. This gentleman is kind, caring and so thorough you have to wonder why other doctors and facilities can't seem to duplicate it. Their office is really on the ball and there is almost no waiting. I needed to speak with him and got a return phone call from the doctor not a nurse (how great is that)within 10 minutes. I would say anyone looking for a good doctor and an outstanding facility should visit the Borland Groover Clinic, you will most definitely be well taken care of. Dr Nieto's nurse was fantastic. I've been in other offices where the staff seems to be unsure of whats going on and has little to no compassion for what a patient is going through, not in this Clinic, you couldn't meet a more professional, confident & experienced group of individuals.I drive 2 hours to get this kind of healthcare and its worth it!!!

Apr 19th, 2011

Very intelligent dr. He has taken excellent care of me

|  Best doctor I met  |  show details
by Sandy on Apr 5th, 2011

He is my favorite doctor. He took excellent care of me and my family. He listened to me and made me feel very comfortable during my procedure. He is by far one of the best drs I have met.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by Cindy McGraw on Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Nieto is by far the best doctor in any field. Superior ratings!!

|  Excellent Dr, Really cares  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2011

I had the pleasure of having dr nieto as my dr. I know he relocated to be closer to family, but I plan to follow him. He was only dr that helped me and listened to my GI problems. I have improved greatly since I started seeing him. I wish him the best

|  looking for answers  |  show details
by mike jets on Jun 30th, 2010

dr. nieto seems to know what he is talking about just started taking his meds hopefully all works out i seem confident in him

|  Not like Most of the physicians we've met in Florida--this one actually cares about his patient!  |  show details
by Kathryn & Marcel Dumeny on Jun 21st, 2010

We had seen 2 other gastroenterilogists in Florida before Dr. Nieto, one at the Mayo Clinic. The doctor in Lake Mary gave us 5 minutes of her time. The other at the Jacksonville Mayo clinic implied that All of our symptoms were in our head. Dr. Nieto was like a breath of fresh air! He actually listened, and not only diagnosed and repaired our problem, but continues to work with us in total patient care. Yea for Dr. Nieto. We could have saved ourselves so much time, money, and heartache if we had found you first!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by E Lopez on Mar 9th, 2010

Difficult to get appointment but worth it. He spent significant amount of time with me and helped me get better. I have been seeing other gastroenterologist for the last ten years. Finally I got answers and I feel great. Thank Dr Nieto.

Jan 7th, 2010

Long wait at office. Didn't review test results by scheduled return visit. Was supposed to call by the next day with results...never received the call. Hopefully my refering physician will have the results when I see him in a few months.

|  Best Doctor in Town, and Best looking  |  show details
by Freedman on Jun 19th, 2009

Very intelligent physician, he cured my husband of Barretts esophagus with a new procedure. He is very charismatic, dedicated, professional, and personable. PS he looks like he walked out of a GQ magazine.

|  Very Pleasent experience  |  show details
by Anthony Falcon on Mar 15th, 2009

Dr Nieto was refered to me by a nurse from Florida Hospital. She recommended him highly and she was absolutely right. He was caring and easy to talk to. I saw him for a routine colon screening and had an excellent experience. I recommend him highly.

|  BEST IN CENTRAL FLORIDA  |  show details
by Gold on Feb 7th, 2009

EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN HE DIAGNOSED ME WITH EARLY PANCREATIC CANCER, USING A NEW ULTRASOUND ENDOSCOPY PROCEDURE THAT HE DOES. MRI AND CAT SCANS MISSED MY CANCER BUT HE FOUND IT BIOPSIED IT AND GOT ME TO SURGERY AND SAVED MY LIFE. GOD BLESS THIS TALENTED AND VERY PROFESSIONAL YOUNG PHYSICIAN

|  Very Professional  |  show details
by G. Silva on Nov 26th, 2008

Young, enthusiastic physician. Top in the state of Florida. Patients travel to see him from all parts of Florida.