Dr. Jose Reyna MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 22nd, 2016
Amazing experience and results with such a kind and caring doctor
Dr. Reyna is very professional, kind and caring. From my initial visit to recovery he was there to listen, answer questions, explain precedures and made me feel relaxed and confident. His bedside manner is remarkable- I couldn't find a better spine specialist if I tried. I will look forward to my follow-up appointments and would recommend him to anyone who needs a back/spine specialist. From the bottom of my heart... thank you, Dr. Reyna.

July 11th, 2016
Dr wanted an MRI and X-ray before he could diagnosis my issues. I called 3 times to have them schedule the Imaging at Touchstone. They never sent the paperwork

July 11th, 2016
Dr. Reyna, has been the best doctor, in caring for me.

May 3rd, 2015
Fixed my raptured disk in no time

March 26th, 2015
Excellent doctor and staff. Extremely pleased with surgical outcome.
Excellent doctor and staff (particularly the PA Jeff Haughton). Very Efficient clinic where info was extensive and explained well. Doctor very personable and eased my mind about the surgery by showing me on MRI and explaining in lay terms what he was proposing. Very clean, modern facility for the surgery. Results were better than I could have expected and resolved about 90% of all symptoms to this point (6 months post surgery. Recommend this doctor and staff for anyone considering spinal surgery in this area

October 3rd, 2013
Ethical?
I saw Dr. Reyna for 8+ months in preparation for a 4-level decompression and fusion surgery. During the appointment with him the day before the surgery he advised me that I should cancel the surgery due to the medications I was taking and resched for a later date. At every appt over 8+ months I was required to fill out and submit a list of my medications. For 8+ months he was given this list. He advised me that he would have trouble controlling my pain after the surgery w/my current meds. He pulled out his cell phone and showed me a picture of elderly man in a hospital gown. He said the picture showed that his patient was on so much pain medication that he could barely hold his head up, yet the man was boisterously screaming for more pain meds. I doubt this man knows that Dr. Reyna took his picture and uses it as a prop in his office for an example of what kind of patient not to be. After the surgery was cancelled, Dr. Reyna refused to speak to me or return my calls. My son had passed on a high paying job in another state to take care of me after the surgery. He also moved in with me. I discovered last week that the MRI Dr. Reyna had ordered one year ago indicated that I had advanced gallbladder disease. Dr. Reyna neglected to tell me about this crucial discovery. It seems as though Dr. Reyna does not take the time to review files and test results. He did not in my case. The money, the time, and inconvenience to my son and other family members who prepared for this surgery? All a waste. I now have to go through this entire process again with another doctor. An apology from Dr. Reyna? Five months later and nothing.

September 23rd, 2009
L4-L5 Spine Fusion
I had been suffering with severe nerve pain for about 5 years. Three years ago I got the diagnosis of spondylolisthesis of the L4/L5 area. Because of my age (50 at the time) I wanted to avoid surgery as long a possible so I was referred to a pain clinic in town. These treatments worked well until about a year ago. After a few unsuccessful pain treatments, I was referred to Dr. Reyna and had the surgery two months and two weeks ago.IMMEDIATELY after the surgery the nerve pain I was having down both legs was completely gone, but I had the pain of the surgery to deal with. I am happy to say that now I cook meals and am doing light housework. I no longer use my walker (all my pre-surgery doctor visits were in a wheelchair!).Dr. Reyna is VERY caring and takes as much time as needed to explain every aspect of what he will be doing during the operation and what to expect after the surgery. My post-op checkup appointment was one month after the operation - I walked in without a walker! I'm not completely pain free yet - still healing from the incision and spinal work, but the pain level is moderate on bad days and very low the rest of the time with NO nerve pain down the legs!While this surgery is nothing to take lightly, Dr. Reyna made me feel very comfortable having it done. Unfortunately there are very few truly caring doctors out there, Dr. Reyna is one of them. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of surgery performed.

April 1st, 2009
Dr.Reyna had done an L-1 L-5 spine fusion on my back about 7 months ago. The results have been so beneficial that I am back to my normal full time work and activity. The quality of my life has improved tremenduously. I am grateful and bless him every day.