Dr. Jose Rodriguez MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology McAllen, TX

3.8

October 3rd, 2015
Impersonal, disorganized, lack of care
I had a very disappointing experience here. My GP's office made the appointment; the first available date was 10 weeks away. Two weeks before my appointment, Dr Rodriguez's office called to reschedule the appointment for three weeks later. When the day came, I arrived for my appointment 20 minutes early. I watched while the office staff chatted; they finally asked me to BEGIN the new patient paperwork 5 minutes after my appointment time. The staff was impersonal; I didn't feel well cared for. The wait for the doctor was more than an hour. When I told the staff that I was done waiting and ready to leave, they whisked me into an examination room. After another wait, the doctor whooshed in and out in less than 5 minutes. I had no opportunity to ask questions. The staff scheduled a surgery time with the hospital without even asking ME about my availability ... and they picked a day that I was to be out of town. They changed the date with the hospital, supposedly, but the hospital called me while I was out of town to remind me of my (original) appointment. At that point, I called the doctor to cancel my procedure. Got the answering service. Left a message. Did not go to the hospital. Two weeks later, the doctor's clerk called me to remind me of my post-op follow-up appointment. #smh

March 6th, 2014
Excellent doctor
I found him to be very knowledgable and he spent so much time listening to my complicated history. I had already seen 2 other doctors without any success until I saw Dr Rodriguez. I will recommend him to my family and friends.

March 28th, 2012
He doesn't make time to meet his patients
Make an appointment at this office and odds are you probably won't even get a chance to talk to the Dr you have made an appointment with. He will send in nurses, PA's, and everyone else to avoid doing his own work and actually meeting with his patients himself. I just don't see this being a practice that actually cares about their patients. It seems to be more of a money machine than an actual Dr's office.