Dr. Jose Toro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 14th, 2016
Simply the best!
I had a complex ankle fracture after falling from a ladder. Dr. Toro reassured me that he would be able to fix my ankle and I could recover completely. I was skeptical at first but he was right. The surgery he did went great and in a few months I was feeling great again and back to all my hobbies. He is the best.

September 1st, 2015
Misdiagnosed and gave bad advice. He wouldn't stay to answer any of my questions and made me feel like my concerns were not legitimate. Claimed I just had a bruise and I ended up walking around for 3 weeks with broken bones in my hand.

July 27th, 2015
Great specialist
An excellent orthopedic surgeon. I feel lucky to have found Dr. Toro and he did great surgery on my broken leg. I can not thank him enough for my amazing recovery.

June 3rd, 2015
Dr. Toro was terrific. From bedside manner to followup visits he has a incredible charm and sense of humor. He is obviously well trained and skilled. I broke my tibia and fibula and he was very good in not only the surgery he performed but in the post operative visits as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Toro to anyone needing orthopedic care

November 16th, 2010
Best orthopedic surgeon in the country
Dr. Toro has an exceptional bedside manner and is very intuitive to every patients needs. He is not only caring but treats you as if you were a family member. He always knew the best and right course of treatment for my severly injured leg, and because of those decisions I not only kept my leg but have my functional abilities back I.e. driving, walking, and going to yoga. My life would have made a drastic turn if I have not been under Dr. toro's care. He went the extra mile for me in every situation, coming in to wrap my leg on his day off, making extra sure I was not exposed to infections of the leg, I could go on and on...bottom line is he is by far the BEST orthopedic and trauma surgeon in New York because for me he saved my life!!!