Dr. Jose Toro MD Patient Reviews

• Trauma Surgery Riverhead, NY

February 27th, 2017
THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Toro has made all the difference in my life. I went to him as a second opinion and I am so glad I did. He far exceeded my wife’s and my expectations. He is quick to the point and decisive about the course of treatment. He gives you plenty of time to ask questions and returns your calls, personally, when you have concerns or more questions. He takes special care to know all his patients and put them at ease. I went through an 8 hour surgery and had 35 plates and screws put in scapula and clavicle. It hasn’t even been a year and I am 100% back to where I was, prior to surgery, without pain medications. Today, the health care industry is focused on the bottom line and increasing a doctor’s caseload. Dr. Toro believes in individualized care and being there for each patient. I highly recommend him.

February 17th, 2017
Excellent Results, Great Communicator
Dr. Toro clearly communicated every aspect of my treatment and provided the available options with clarity and patience. The results of the surgery he performed have impressed my therapy providers and I am confident that I will regain much of the mobility I lost in my accident due to the great skill of Dr. Toro.

February 14th, 2017
Very talented and knowledgeable surgeon.

February 13th, 2017
One in a Million!
I broke both my tib and fib. Dr. Toro performed the surgery at PBMC in Riverhead. He was fantastic. He has a very soothing bedside manner and spends as much time in follow up appointments as needed to answer every question asked. Although very professional, his sense of humor is noticeable during office visits.

February 10th, 2017
Great Ortho Doctor
My 9 Year old daughter broke her elbow, and Dr. Toro saw her in his office immediately. He spoke to my daughter with respect and explained the importance of taking care of it. Reassured her that everything would be fine. Great bedside manner! Made a bad situation comfortable. Thank you

February 10th, 2017
My 9 year old daughter broke her elbow, and Dr. Toro saw her right away in his office. He made her feel comfortable by talking to her as the patient and explaining what needed to be done. And reassured her that everything would be ok.
I would highly recommend Dr. Toro

December 14th, 2016
Simply the best!
I had a complex ankle fracture after falling from a ladder. Dr. Toro reassured me that he would be able to fix my ankle and I could recover completely. I was skeptical at first but he was right. The surgery he did went great and in a few months I was feeling great again and back to all my hobbies. He is the best.

September 1st, 2015
Misdiagnosed and gave bad advice. He wouldn't stay to answer any of my questions and made me feel like my concerns were not legitimate. Claimed I just had a bruise and I ended up walking around for 3 weeks with broken bones in my hand.

July 27th, 2015
Great specialist
An excellent orthopedic surgeon. I feel lucky to have found Dr. Toro and he did great surgery on my broken leg. I can not thank him enough for my amazing recovery.

June 3rd, 2015
Dr. Toro was terrific. From bedside manner to followup visits he has a incredible charm and sense of humor. He is obviously well trained and skilled. I broke my tibia and fibula and he was very good in not only the surgery he performed but in the post operative visits as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Toro to anyone needing orthopedic care

November 16th, 2010
Best orthopedic surgeon in the country
Dr. Toro has an exceptional bedside manner and is very intuitive to every patients needs. He is not only caring but treats you as if you were a family member. He always knew the best and right course of treatment for my severly injured leg, and because of those decisions I not only kept my leg but have my functional abilities back I.e. driving, walking, and going to yoga. My life would have made a drastic turn if I have not been under Dr. toro's care. He went the extra mile for me in every situation, coming in to wrap my leg on his day off, making extra sure I was not exposed to infections of the leg, I could go on and on...bottom line is he is by far the BEST orthopedic and trauma surgeon in New York because for me he saved my life!!!