Dr. Joselito Cabaccan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2016
Good Doctor, Needs Organization and Time Managements
Dr. Cabaccan knows his stuff. There is no doubt in this. However, he does not listen well, and is too busy to spend the time too. I know, I know there are many patients to treat, but come on now. We come to you to be treated and cared for. Give us the time. We are on time to our appointment, don't make me wait 30 minutes after my appointment in the waiting room, its not right!

February 19th, 2016
Best doctor with professional knowledge

November 10th, 2015
Dr. Cabaccan is one of the nicest doctors I know, he is caring, listens and expects you to listen to him- but if you tell him that you have a problem doing this or that he will go over how many times you need until he can find a way to get you on the right track. As long as you admit your problem he will help if you say you doing everything he says either something more is wrong or you not telling the truth- the numbers don't lie. He will look for the reason. He is always studying to keep up on new advances in endocrinology because he is willing to talk about you life and if it intersects with something he is doing he will share. Yes, I know he is not for everyone - my best friends husband thought he was too young to know things for everyne there are certain things that do not sit well. But, if you are looking for a friendly, caring doctor who covers all bases then Dr. Cabaccan is the one. I,m 61 but I have had diabetes for over 15 years and Dr. Cabaccan is the first I have liked , others were OK nothing wrong with them but I would not want as many people as possible to know if you need a doctor he is a great one, if you are checking to see if a loved one has a competent doctor he is.

August 23rd, 2015
Told my husband he had cancer before even getting the biopsy results. He did not have thyroid cancer.

January 23rd, 2014
Dr. Cabaccan and staff made me feel at ease
I was feeling nervous as I had recently discovered I had a pituitary tumor and I was going to meet an endocrinologist for the first time. I have to say I went in with a lot of questions and he managed to not only gave me well informed answers, he also made me laugh and feel hopeful about getting healthy. I expected him to overwhelm me, but he did the opposite. He also listed to my personal preferences and gave me follow up instructions. I recommend this doctor. Also the staff is really great, I don't like getting my blood drawn but this is the only place a want to go if I do have to go through that. Payment is easy, and setting appointments is also smooth.

September 30th, 2013
First visit he was encouraging in regards to his plan for managing my diabetes successfully. He informed me many foods that I may be eating are not as healthy for me as I might have assumed. He presented me with a the Calorie King book and gave me instructions to track my calories using any method that worked for me. I was also given a prescription for Novalog. My health insurance did not cover the medication and after going back and forth with his office I was finally approved for a prescription of Humalog. I had only a few days of the medication before my next appointment. I showed up with several weeks worth of reports on my food intake and only a few days of data regarding Humalog usage. I explained about the problem I had getting the prescription filled. He then stated if I was just going to waste his time and not take his instructions seriously he was not interested in treating me. I was surprised at his statement and how rude he was assuming I was not taking his instructions seriously. Being sensitive to your patients, respectful and tactful when speaking to them is a requirement that I expect in my doctors who are helping me manage the chronic conditions that I face in my senior years. I found this trait lacking in Dr. Cabaccan. I am very happy with his replacement.

April 25th, 2013
A good endocrinologist
As a diabetic, who has a hard time with it, I find Dr. Cabbacan very geniuine with treatment. Dr. Cabaccan is my first endocrinologist, and even though I have moved away, and have seen other endocrinologists, I have returned as his patient, even though I reside 60 miles away from his office. I thank him for giving me the support to take care of my diabetes. He explains that Diabetes is a manageable disease, you can control it, and that to look at the treatment as a marathon in progress, not a race. I trust his diagnosis, and am thankful that he takes all precautions to check into whats going on. His staff is very nice. John is the best, incredibly courteous. Yes, it is a busy office, and that in its own is proof of an excellent MD.

February 10th, 2011
After waiting almost 2 hours to see the doctor, he was very condescending and arrogant. He didn't even take the time to find out why I was there or what my symptoms were, before he started in on his food philosophy. He told me I was uneducated about food, and when I said no I think I know some about food, he said oh then I should quiz you on the calorie counts of food since you know so much. He proceeded to tell me that close minded people like me were a waste of his time, and I could walk out if I didn't like it. He then told me that I shouldn't believe everything I read in magazines (who knows where that came from), and that many healthy foods like broccoli, onion, and tomatoes have more calories than fast food, like big macs. When I was finally able to get a word in and told him my symptoms, he dismissed them and proceeded on his food tirade. He continued to tell me that one of his patients was on The Today Show for losing weight, and I should be thankful he was willing to help me. He then gave me a lab slip and sent me to get my blood drawn. As I was leaving, he "remembered" he should probably check my thyroid, which was the reason I was there. I have never been treated so poorly of talked to in such a degrading manner. When I called back two days later as I was instructed to get my blood work results, I was put on hold for almost 10 minutes and then told the doctor would call me back. He never did.

May 12th, 2017