Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

2680 S White Rd
Ste 265
San Jose, CA 95148
408-223-7474
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Dr. Cabaccan and staff made me feel at ease  |  show details
by Getting Healthy on Jan 23rd, 2014

I was feeling nervous as I had recently discovered I had a pituitary tumor and I was going to meet an endocrinologist for the first time. I have to say I went in with a lot of questions and he managed to not only gave me well informed answers, he also made me laugh and feel hopeful about getting healthy. I expected him to overwhelm me, but he did the opposite. He also listed to my personal preferences and gave me follow up instructions. I recommend this doctor. Also the staff is really great, I don't like getting my blood drawn but this is the only place a want to go if I do have to go through that. Payment is easy, and setting appointments is also smooth.

Sep 30th, 2013

First visit he was encouraging in regards to his plan for managing my diabetes successfully. He informed me many foods that I may be eating are not as healthy for me as I might have assumed. He presented me with a the Calorie King book and gave me instructions to track my calories using any method that worked for me. I was also given a prescription for Novalog. My health insurance did not cover the medication and after going back and forth with his office I was finally approved for a prescription of Humalog. I had only a few days of the medication before my next appointment. I showed up with several weeks worth of reports on my food intake and only a few days of data regarding Humalog usage. I explained about the problem I had getting the prescription filled. He then stated if I was just going to waste his time and not take his instructions seriously he was not interested in treating me. I was surprised at his statement and how rude he was assuming I was not taking his instructions seriously. Being sensitive to your patients, respectful and tactful when speaking to them is a requirement that I expect in my doctors who are helping me manage the chronic conditions that I face in my senior years. I found this trait lacking in Dr. Cabaccan. I am very happy with his replacement.

|  A good endocrinologist  |  show details
by Aisha on Apr 25th, 2013

As a diabetic, who has a hard time with it, I find Dr. Cabbacan very geniuine with treatment. Dr. Cabaccan is my first endocrinologist, and even though I have moved away, and have seen other endocrinologists, I have returned as his patient, even though I reside 60 miles away from his office. I thank him for giving me the support to take care of my diabetes. He explains that Diabetes is a manageable disease, you can control it, and that to look at the treatment as a marathon in progress, not a race. I trust his diagnosis, and am thankful that he takes all precautions to check into whats going on. His staff is very nice. John is the best, incredibly courteous. Yes, it is a busy office, and that in its own is proof of an excellent MD.

|  Dr. Josel Cabaccan  |  show details
by dinoutgirl at Citysearch on Mar 5th, 2012 on citysearch.com

started seeing Dr. Cabaccan about two years ago after my endocrinologist retired.On my first visit he scolded me for not getting the right treatment after my thyroid cancer occurred again. He stated that Palo Alto Medical Foundation was like a \"\"Kaiser Hospital\"\". Humm I should have discontinued his services after that remark.After the thyroid was checked out he went on to say I needed a bone density test. I scheduled this appointment with the staff about 1.5 years ago. 2 days before the appt date I received a call stating that they needed to cancel and reschedule, which I did.No problem.One day before the 2nd scheduled appt I was called again. The staff said they needed to cancel the appt. At this point I was upset that I had 2 appts rescheduled and made every effort to set time aside for the appt. I asked to speak to the manager who was abrupt and unpleasant and didn`t care about my inconveniences that they had caused. He quickly made a 3rd appt for my bone density. One day before the 3rd attempt at an appt for the bone density, I received another call canceling my appt.I was really upset that again I scheduled time I had to hire someone to help while I was at the doctor in my office. I asked to talk to the manager again, he would not accept responsibility for 3 cancellations. He told me he would tell the doctor about this.I had my appt to follow the bone density test that I never received today with Dr. Cabaccan. He came into the room and said that I had an anger problem. When i explained to him hard to get his attention, he kept interrupting me, he did not care how the cancellations had affected me. He stated that I had better find another endocrinologist. Fair warning to anyone thinking about going to this doctor.Doctors have to respect their patience also, they have no right to take our time and cancel as they did with me multiple times. Please take caution.

|  Dr. Josel Cabaccan  |  show details
by dinoutgirl at Citysearch on Mar 5th, 2012 on citysearch.com

started seeing Dr. Cabaccan about two years ago after my endocrinologist retired.On my first visit he scolded me for not getting the right treatment after my thyroid cancer occurred again. He stated that Palo Alto Medical Foundation was like a \"Kaiser Hospital\". Humm I should have discontinued his services after that remark.After the thyroid was checked out he went on to say I needed a bone density test. I scheduled this appointment with the staff about 1.5 years ago. 2 days before the appt date I received a call stating that they needed to cancel and reschedule, which I did.No problem.One day before the 2nd scheduled appt I was called again. The staff said they needed to cancel the appt. At this point I was upset that I had 2 appts rescheduled and made every effort to set time aside for the appt. I asked to speak to the manager who was abrupt and unpleasant and didn`t care about my inconveniences that they had caused. He quickly made a 3rd appt for my bone density. One day before the 3rd attempt at an appt for the bone density, I received another call canceling my appt.I was really upset that again I scheduled time I had to hire someone to help while I was at the doctor in my office. I asked to talk to the manager again, he would not accept responsibility for 3 cancellations. He told me he would tell the doctor about this.I had my appt to follow the bone density test that I never received today with Dr. Cabaccan. He came into the room and said that I had an anger problem. When i explained to him hard to get his attention, he kept interrupting me, he did not care how the cancellations had affected me. He stated that I had better find another endocrinologist. Fair warning to anyone thinking about going to this doctor.Doctors have to respect their patience also, they have no right to take our time and cancel as they did with me multiple times. Please take caution.

|  Look for Another Doctor  |  show details
by SpringPad273 at Citysearch on Jan 10th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Mis-diagnosed my problem for well over a year. He`d rather pump you full of meds than find the cause. His office is dingy and he has way too many patients. That`s probably why he`s always so rushed.

|  He is the best  |  show details
by frankjett at Citysearch on Aug 31st, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient for almost 4 years now, I can only say good things about Dr. Cabacccan. He understands all my needs and will only see him. His care and concern for my care and treatment is on par. I think he is the best

Feb 10th, 2011

After waiting almost 2 hours to see the doctor, he was very condescending and arrogant. He didn't even take the time to find out why I was there or what my symptoms were, before he started in on his food philosophy. He told me I was uneducated about food, and when I said no I think I know some about food, he said oh then I should quiz you on the calorie counts of food since you know so much. He proceeded to tell me that close minded people like me were a waste of his time, and I could walk out if I didn't like it. He then told me that I shouldn't believe everything I read in magazines (who knows where that came from), and that many healthy foods like broccoli, onion, and tomatoes have more calories than fast food, like big macs. When I was finally able to get a word in and told him my symptoms, he dismissed them and proceeded on his food tirade. He continued to tell me that one of his patients was on The Today Show for losing weight, and I should be thankful he was willing to help me. He then gave me a lab slip and sent me to get my blood drawn. As I was leaving, he "remembered" he should probably check my thyroid, which was the reason I was there. I have never been treated so poorly of talked to in such a degrading manner. When I called back two days later as I was instructed to get my blood work results, I was put on hold for almost 10 minutes and then told the doctor would call me back. He never did.

|  Just call him Dr. Ego  |  show details
by truthbetold178 at Citysearch on Jul 23rd, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had been with dr. Cabaccan for just about 2 years until I finally became fed up with him. There just wasn`t enough room for him, his ego and I to fit in the room. Seriously, this guy needs to take a big piece of humble pie and come back on down to earth! I`m a thyroid cancer patient and after complaining for over 2 years that I just didn`t feel \"\"right\"\" I left and went to a new doctor. Come to find out there was something NOT right and my new Doctor took the time to walk through tests with me. I highly recommend Dr. Bruhn.I tried my hardest to like Dr. Cabaccan, but there is something that just really irritates me when a doctor doesn`t listen to their patient or take the time to help them figure out what`s going on. Dr. Cabaccan is condescending and arrogant - find a different doctor peeps!

|  Just call him Dr. Ego  |  show details
by truthbetold178 at Citysearch on Jul 23rd, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had been with dr. Cabaccan for just about 2 years until I finally became fed up with him. There just wasn`t enough room for him, his ego and I to fit in the room. Seriously, this guy needs to take a big piece of humble pie and come back on down to earth! I`m a thyroid cancer patient and after complaining for over 2 years that I just didn`t feel \"right\" I left and went to a new doctor. Come to find out there was something NOT right and my new Doctor took the time to walk through tests with me. I highly recommend Dr. Bruhn.I tried my hardest to like Dr. Cabaccan, but there is something that just really irritates me when a doctor doesn`t listen to their patient or take the time to help them figure out what`s going on. Dr. Cabaccan is condescending and arrogant - find a different doctor peeps!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  best doctor in bay area!!  |  show details
by glpplg at Citysearch on Oct 9th, 2009 on citysearch.com

If you want results go to him! He helped me loose 125lbs naturally!! He is an excellent doctor and you will really like him. The only draw back is that he has so many patients that see him, that you have to wait a little while to see him

by glpplg on Oct 9th, 2009 on citysearch.com

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by gayasjsu at Citysearch on Oct 24th, 2007 on citysearch.com

This doctor really spends enough time answering your questions and seems very earnest in the treatment and care. I feel I am given personal attention. However the wait time is long...if the apptmt is 200 he is atleast an hour late. This happened during my every visit. Staff is ok...Still I will continue with doctor because of the trust and he great care that he provides

by gaya_sjsu on Oct 24th, 2007 on citysearch.com

This doctor really spends enough time answering your questions and seems very earnest in the treatment and care. I feel I am given personal attention. However the wait time is long...if the apptmt is 2:00 he is atleast an hour late. This happened during m

by christinadln on Jul 24th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I just recently transferer to this doctor from another endocronologist whom I wish not to name because I don't want to ruin any business for him but had the worst bed side manners and did not care about my health the way Dr. Cabaccan does. The office need

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  great service  |  show details
by christinadln at Citysearch on Jul 24th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I just recently transferer to this doctor from another endocronologist whom I wish not to name because I don`t want to ruin any business for him but had the worst bed side manners and did not care about my health the way Dr. Cabaccan does. The office needs some updating but my visit there was wonderful. If you truly want a doctor who cares about your health go see Dr.Cabaccan!!!