Orthopedic Surgeons
925 Chestnut St
Fl 5
Philadelphia, PA 19107
267-339-3500
Locations and availability (4)

|  Appreciate the superb help  |  show details
by Sylvia on Jun 21st, 2014

Things were fairly bleak before I met Dr. Abboud. Thanks to his care and excellent surgery I am now going on 4 years of excellent function with my shoulder. Thank you Dr Abboud and your excellent team!

|  Rotator Cuff Surgery  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2014

Having had rotator cuff sugery once before I absolutely dreaded having another procedure on my opposite shoulder. I did a good deal of research to find the best doctor available for my second procedure and was thrilled with my results with Dr. Abboud. Post surgery I had much less stiffness. In fact, my second shoulder was moving about as well two weeks after surgery as my opposite shoulder was moving after 6 weeks of rehab. There was very little scar tissue with Dr. Abboud and the scars themselves are practically invisible six weeks after surgery. Recovering from rotator cuff surgery is a lengthy and painful process. I can't recommend Dr. Abboud highly enough if you are considering this type of surgery.

|  Thanks for fixing my elbow  |  show details
by Noelle on Mar 13th, 2014

I had elbow problems for the past 4 years after a bad trauma. I had 3 surgeries before meeting dr Abboud. He fixed my elbow and I had a great improvement. He and his team at Rothman were awesome! Thank u

|  One year later, I am very happy with my shoulder fixed  |  show details
by John M on Jan 5th, 2014

I had my shoulder cuff surgically fixed a year ago by Dr. Abboud. He delivered as promised. Shoulder feels great and I am back to all my activities. Dr. Abboud and his staff were great and available to me any time for questions.

|  Expertise with Kindness  |  show details
by Grateful Patient RT on Nov 1st, 2013

Dr. Abboud has been my Ortho surgeon for 5 years. He has repaired my rotator cuff and 3 years later repaired the biceps tendon at my elbow. Both times he did a great job despite my medical problems. I strongly recommend him if you have a problem with your arm.

|  Make You Famous  |  show details
by Carl A. Weiss on Jul 24th, 2013

Dr J. Abboud is fare and away the best Dr. I have ever had the privilege of meeting. His professional knowledge, manor and ability to perform my schoulder & torn tendon repair without any problems post opp was amazing . His approach to therapy is to go slow without creating major pain is greatly appreciated. Everyone I know can't believe how my recovery is moving along and pretty much pain free. I can't forget to mention all of his support staff, they to are given a ten. Without a doubt they are the best in there perspective field. One more praise needs to be given and that goes to his parents for helping Dr. J be a ten in his field and as a person. Thank you Doc for giving me my life back. Carl A. Weiss

|  My favorite doctor  |  show details
by Susan C on May 25th, 2013

This doctor has taken care of my various shoulder problems as a rheumatoid for the past 6 years. He has taken care of me with expert skill and kindness. He is down to earth despite being tops in his field. He is not just a great surgeon but what all doctors should aspire to be like.

|  Bicep repair  |  show details
by Jack L on May 14th, 2013

I tore my left biceps at the elbow. Dr. Abboud explained the benefits of having it repaired and the downside of skipping the operation. After weighing the options, I went with the surgery and could not have been more pleased. He took time to explain what he was going to do and followed up post-operative to make sure my rehab was on track. A great Dr. for sure.

|  New shoulder. Glad I finally did it!  |  show details
by Thankful Patient on Apr 21st, 2013

I had a reverse shoulder replacement with Dr Abboud at Methodist. They have a top team there all around. I am now 6 months out from surgery and using my arm for so many things that I could not do before.

|  Back to Horse Back Riding  |  show details
by Te. Ricc on Mar 3rd, 2013

I shattered my shoulder in a accident. Dr. Abboud reconstructed my shoulder and after 6 months I was back to horse back riding. His care for me was exactly what he promised. His team is great!

by Helen M on Feb 3rd, 2013

I have been under Dr. Abboud's care for 5 years. He replaced both my shoulders after I had a serious car accident. Throughout it all he has always inspired hope, provided excellent care, compassion, and been a tremendous doctor. My shoulders are now better then i would have ever imagined. He is the best!

|  Fixed my rotator cuff and I am back to my life  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

Did a fantastic job fixing my large rotator cuff tear arthroscopically. Meticulous and thorough surgeon with great peronality. Staff was great.

Feb 5th, 2012

Dr. Abboud is a fantastic surgeon. He replaced my shoulder and got me back to playing squash. If you have a shoulder problem he is the best.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2012

Dr. Abboud performed a shoulder replacement on me for severe arthritis. Surgery went great and he was there for me every step of the way during my rehab. He is a fantastic surgeon and person.

Jun 28th, 2011

I believe he is tops in his field. A great doctor.

by mike kenefic on Aug 3rd, 2010

evaluated my damaged shoulder and was willing to repair it arthroscopically, after another surgeon said there was too much arthritis,too much damage, etc for him to repair.He recommended reverse shoulder replacement when the pain became unbearable. Dr Abboud repaired two full tears of rotator cuff,a bicept tear and a capsule release and other adhesions. I am still in therapy(August 2010)and everything is coming along well. Dr Abboud is what all doctors should strive to be.

|  What a wonderful doctor  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2010

He treated me for a fracture and I had to have surgery. My outcome has been excellent and he was there every step of the way.

|  Wonderful doctor and a really nice person too!  |  show details
by Diana Buck on Oct 15th, 2008

I Love this Doctor its hard to find a Doctor that knows what he is doing and is a really nice person he takes the time you need and listens to YOU. His Assistant is Tops. What can I say I was being treated by another "top" name and felt like a pay check to them. But here I know they care about my health.