Joseph A Abboud MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

May 27th, 2015
Highly recommended shoulder surgeon
Very talented and confident surgeon with excellent bedside manner. Spent ample time with me and answered all my questions Dr. Abboud repaired a complete rupture of my rotator cuff along with scar tissue and bone spur resection.

December 30th, 2014
such a great experience. Great staff, excellent doctor. 1 word for him AWESOME

June 21st, 2014
Appreciate the superb help
Things were fairly bleak before I met Dr. Abboud. Thanks to his care and excellent surgery I am now going on 4 years of excellent function with my shoulder. Thank you Dr Abboud and your excellent team!

March 20th, 2014
Rotator Cuff Surgery
Having had rotator cuff sugery once before I absolutely dreaded having another procedure on my opposite shoulder. I did a good deal of research to find the best doctor available for my second procedure and was thrilled with my results with Dr. Abboud. Post surgery I had much less stiffness. In fact, my second shoulder was moving about as well two weeks after surgery as my opposite shoulder was moving after 6 weeks of rehab. There was very little scar tissue with Dr. Abboud and the scars themselves are practically invisible six weeks after surgery. Recovering from rotator cuff surgery is a lengthy and painful process. I can't recommend Dr. Abboud highly enough if you are considering this type of surgery.

March 13th, 2014
Thanks for fixing my elbow
I had elbow problems for the past 4 years after a bad trauma. I had 3 surgeries before meeting dr Abboud. He fixed my elbow and I had a great improvement. He and his team at Rothman were awesome! Thank u

January 5th, 2014
One year later, I am very happy with my shoulder fixed
I had my shoulder cuff surgically fixed a year ago by Dr. Abboud. He delivered as promised. Shoulder feels great and I am back to all my activities. Dr. Abboud and his staff were great and available to me any time for questions.

November 1st, 2013
Expertise with Kindness
Dr. Abboud has been my Ortho surgeon for 5 years. He has repaired my rotator cuff and 3 years later repaired the biceps tendon at my elbow. Both times he did a great job despite my medical problems. I strongly recommend him if you have a problem with your arm.

May 25th, 2013
My favorite doctor
This doctor has taken care of my various shoulder problems as a rheumatoid for the past 6 years. He has taken care of me with expert skill and kindness. He is down to earth despite being tops in his field. He is not just a great surgeon but what all doctors should aspire to be like.

May 14th, 2013
Bicep repair
I tore my left biceps at the elbow. Dr. Abboud explained the benefits of having it repaired and the downside of skipping the operation. After weighing the options, I went with the surgery and could not have been more pleased. He took time to explain what he was going to do and followed up post-operative to make sure my rehab was on track. A great Dr. for sure.

April 21st, 2013
New shoulder. Glad I finally did it!
I had a reverse shoulder replacement with Dr Abboud at Methodist. They have a top team there all around. I am now 6 months out from surgery and using my arm for so many things that I could not do before.

March 3rd, 2013
Back to Horse Back Riding
I shattered my shoulder in a accident. Dr. Abboud reconstructed my shoulder and after 6 months I was back to horse back riding. His care for me was exactly what he promised. His team is great!

February 3rd, 2013
I have been under Dr. Abboud's care for 5 years. He replaced both my shoulders after I had a serious car accident. Throughout it all he has always inspired hope, provided excellent care, compassion, and been a tremendous doctor. My shoulders are now better then i would have ever imagined. He is the best!