Vulvar Disease Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Defensive DR  |  show details
by post menopausal on Aug 16th, 2014

Was referred to Dr Brooks by GYN. First visit went ok, he talked to me, examined me, made diagnosis, prescribed several medications, and gave me a write-up. Seemed positive. The next day I read the writeup and it described symptoms different than those I had. Took medications since nothing else had worked previously. One of creams made my symptoms worse. Went back after 3.5 weeks and no improvement in symptoms. I asked if we could discuss alternative diagnoses possibilities. He became very defensive and said I was insulting him by questioning his diagnosis. Walked out on me. Worst experience I have ever had with a DR. Later I found another DR who successfully diagnosed my condition after taking the time to run several tests.

Doctor's Response

Presenting with a preconceived diagnosis and expecting the physician to simply agree and treat according to your wishes creates a very difficult situation. However, it is wonderful that you feel that you are feeling improved!

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
by Darlyne on Jul 7th, 2014

This doctor is patient friendly. He puts you at ease, explains things thoroughly, and is very competent in his field. I am a very pleased patient to have found him!

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2014

I have been going to doctor brooks for about 3 years and he knows what he is doing. I've been to tons of doctors before him and they couldn't figure what i had and he knew right away. i had surgery by him less than a year ago and I'm already feeling a lot better. he is kind and understanding. i highly recommend him!

|  new patient  |  show details
by Rhonda Haase on Nov 15th, 2013

I just recently saw Dr. Brooks for the first time and I have to say I was very impressed by my first visit. To actually have a doctor sit in his office and speak with you about your concerns and fears was so very impressive! I really felt like he heard my concerns and I am quite confident that he will be the right doctor to give me a accurate diagnosis. I also loved his staff and was so grateful they got me in the very next day. I highly recommend him.

|  Fantastic!  |  show details
May 21st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Brooks for a little over a year now. He is the only doctor that has been able to help me in the 20 years I have been having symptoms. He is very well educated in his field, and is friendly and optomistic. Their office can get busy some days and it may take a while to hear back with test results, but I believe it's only because there are so many patients in need of his specialized care. I only give 3 stars for accurate diagnosis because I am not cured yet, but with his expertise my symptoms have been greatly reduced and a diagonisis is in sight! Dr. Brooks and his staff will go out of their way to call in reccomendations at other specilaits, and work with the insurance when they are refusing to cover particular items.

|  Best Vulvodynia Doc in Az  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2013

Dr Brooks is a great, carig and personable doctor. He takes te time to really listen to you and figure out what's going in with your body. I've been seeing him for over 5 years and he's helped me get my vulvodynia under control. I would recommend him to any woman who has pelvic floor issues! The only thing I don't care for is the recent addition of Skin-ology to his practice. I don't feel a medspa inside a clinic for women with chronic gynecological problems is quite appropriate.

|  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

He is amazing and so very kind! After many years of suffering, I was referenced to him and he was able to help me and figure out my diagnosis. Literally a huge blessing in my life!!!

|  I don't have to suffer anymore  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

I wish I had come to Dr. Brooks years ago and then I wouldn't of suffered so much with trying to find a doctor that knew what was wrong with me. He made me feel comfortable and was very professional and now I am on my way to getting the proper help that I need.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

Dr. Brooks doesn't treat you like a number. He is very caring and takes the time to discuss your concerns. I have been seeing Dr. Brooks for over two years and couldn't be happier.His staff cares just as much as he does! He is good at what he does and doesn't let that get to his head.

|  Finally a doctor who cares!  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

I found Dr. Brooks because my Gyno told me for 3 years I had Vulvadynia. I knew I didn't and finally found Dr. Brooks to get a proper diagnosis. He diagnosed me right then and there and it was NOT Vulvadynia, like I already knew. He was very professional, took time before he examined me to talk to me in his office and took time afterwards to answer any questions that I had. What a breath of fresh air! He is now my new Gyno!

|  friendly and knowledgeable . .  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

Nice to find a Doctor who will take the time to explain what's going on with your problem, then try to help you and way he can. I consider myself very lucky to have found him .

|  His Record Got Stuck on the Wrong Diagnosis.  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

I'd had problems for a while, and had already undergone 2 biopsies, which both showed only inflammation. Dr Brooks decided it just had to be Lichen Planus despite these negative biopsies, and even performed his own. When that was, of course, negative, he had no ideas for me.He called a previous diagnosis of vulvodynia "crap" but left me with "Possible Vulvar Vestibulitis"How is this vague 'diagnosis' not crap?That's just a fancy term for inflammation, which would be a symptom, not a disorder.He noted a 'cyst' I had too, which actually turned out to be a mass, which tested positive for infection. Two kinds of bacteria, actually. All of this *did* start after I went into a hot tub one night, which I repeatedly told him, but he never bothered to drain or test the cyst at all. He only dismissed it.Another doctor tested it in the office, but had to remove it in a surgery center when it proved to be too deep. I also went on to have a partial vestibulectomy when removing the mass didn't quite cut it.Dr Brooks just kept swabbing me for yeast infections and coming up with nothing.I drove six hours each way to see him, and for what?I could have used a Vagisil home testing kit for that, or stayed with my regular Ob/Gyn.As of now, I'm seeing a Gynecologist/Oncologist who has been amazing.