Dr. Joseph Bruno MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

April 7th, 2016
Very good service
My experience was very good. People at the front were great, nurse was extremely personable, and the PA I saw was thorough, patient, and respectful. Jake listened to my concerns, while asking the right questions to ensure accuracy. I spent a little more time their than I had anticipated, but the ease of scheduling and quality of care was worth it. I would recommend this practice and think they're somewhat underrated.

June 8th, 2015
Nice doctors. Rude staff
Doctors are great, but the women and staff behind the counter are horribly rude and act like it's an inconvenient to do their job. They are even more rude over the phone.

May 2nd, 2014
He cares about his patients
One of the very few doctors that cares about people. Thank God for hin .

February 17th, 2014
Tried to get office to fax paperwork to Borgess Diabetes Center so that my friend with type 2 diabetes and myself could take classes to better learn how to live with and try to control this illness. Office staff refused to fax info over to the hospital so that we could start class's. So now we get to wait yet another month for the classes to start. Not sure if lab work will be any good at that point. I guess they would rather someone die before they would help you. Dr Bruno is a great Dr. but, office staff that answers phone is nasty with bad attitude. Last checked blood sugar 450!

September 29th, 2013
very satisfied
I have always gotten good to great care by Doc Bruno or the PA"s. I do need to get to know the PA's before I can give a two thumps up, Aaron left a while ago but he was great. The family has commented that the front staff can come across a bit less then friendly, but for me I couldn't care less as long as they're efficient and accurate. The nurses have always been great to me and my wife Very happy here (family of 6)

September 21st, 2013
OK place
I havde been a patient of Dr. Bruno for over 30 years and has treated me well, diagniosed me well and the PA's are OK too!

May 21st, 2013
Negligent
Every month I have an issue with getting a prescription written out. This time was the last straw. I got a call yesterday saying the prescription is ready to be picked-up. I get there today and he didn't even sign the prescription AND he left on vacation for a week! I will be completely out of my medication until he gets back. All he has to do is put his signature on the prescription! Every month there is a reason why he hasn't signed it. He's booked until we close, he is not in the office today etc. He doesn't even have to print out or write out the prescription he just has to sign it! Granted, I'm not the only patient he has but he should schedule time out of his day or get to the office earlier to sign all of the prescriptions he needs to sign. He knew he was going to be on vacation so why didn't he sign it before he left? Why is he the only one that can sign the prescription? There are two other doctors that work there but neither one of them can sign for it. Does that make any sense? This is the worst doctor-patient experience I have ever had! Oh but there's no problem when you make an appointment, because they're getting paid with appointments. Ridiculous!

May 17th, 2013
Stay Away
Stay away from this place. The staff is rude and very curt. The doctor is never there. He has PA's that require some people skills/bedside manner. The facility is dated, the waits are long, and the hours and "immediate care" are a joke. We have gone there at least three times during their hours of operation to find them closed. Went there today because our daughter was sick. They weren't seeing anyone without an appointment...What does immediate care mean??? The first words out of their mouths are "lets take care of your co-pay". Go anywhere just don't go here!

October 17th, 2012
I will never go back
It troubles me that a practice this bad is allowed to remain open for business...I was not only given wrong diagnosis and wrong prescriptions that prolonged my illness with subsequent adverse side effects, but then given up on and past along to a specialist who was aghast at their treatment protocol. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this office

August 1st, 2012
dr. bruno and his staff are the most caring people i know!
first off i walk in and they already know me and are expecting me half the time. i walk up and almost the second i do they say " youre all set cody." then i wait and within 15 min ( im always early) im called back. i have been going to this office my whole life, im 21 . my mother worked here at one time aswell as my aunt. i love this place and would never change.( unless they lost their staff) that is all. Sincerely cody s Thanks, Dr. Bruno and his staff.

June 28th, 2012
Had several misdiagnoses and then he refused to treat me.

April 1st, 2012
Dr. Joseph A. Bruno; Everything a Doctor should be
I've been treated by Dr. Bruno for over 10 years now and he is all that a doctor should be. He listens to me, he makes me comfortable with his bedside manner, he's compassionate & caring. I trust Dr. Bruno opinions and diagnosis as he's attentive, paying very close attention to the symptoms. Aside from all of the aforementioned information, he has been our family physician for over 30 years and he provided excellent care for my family members as well as myself.