A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Fontana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Fontana is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fontana
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fontana Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Fontana, BS, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Closed Head Injuries
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Seizure Disorders
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontana graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Fontana has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Karmanos Cancer Center
- Harper University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Albert Fontana BS, MD, and PHD is a male Internist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph A. Fontana practice?
- Dr. Joseph Fontana has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph Fontana practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Detroit, MI.
See Detroit Internists, Detroit Hematologists, and Detroit Oncologists.