A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Fontana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Fontana is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Fontana, BS, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Closed Head Injuries
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Seizure Disorders
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontana graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Fontana has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Karmanos Cancer Center
- Harper University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Fontana BS, MD, and PHD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph Fontana practice?
- Dr. Joseph Fontana has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Fontana practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Detroit, MI.
See Detroit Internists, Detroit Hematologists, and Detroit Oncologists.