Dr. Joseph Albert Fontana MD, PHD, and BS is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Surgery, and Hematology.
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Fontana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Fontana, MD, PHD, BS is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
He has special expertise in 9 Areas, including Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Breast Cancer, and Carcinoma.6 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontana graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Fontana has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Karmanos Cancer Center
- Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fontana accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 22 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 23 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance