A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Girone:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Girone, MD is board certified in Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
Education & Awards
Dr. Girone graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Girone has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Girone accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph A. Girone practice?
Dr. Joseph Girone practices Pediatrics, Behavioral Pediatrics, and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Reading, PA and Blandon, PA.
See Philadelphia Pediatricians and Philadelphia Endocrinologists.