A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is deceased.
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Murphy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Murphy, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Murphy has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Catholic Health System - Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Murphy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Independent Health - 33 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 6 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan