Dr. Joseph Accetta Jr DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 21st, 2016
Amazing
I have been going to Dr. Accetta for 9 years when my first child was born. He is an amazing doctor with great knowledge. My children love him. He was extremely helpful when my 3 year old daughter at the time needed help with anxiety and sensory processing disorder. I have called him numerous times at night or on weekend for a high fever and called me back right away and was very patient and easing when I was not as ease. I moved 25 minutes away from Garden City and still drive there for sick and well visits. Highly recommended. Staff is always friendly and Ellen is my favorite.

March 10th, 2015
Your staff is a reflection upon yourself. When the practice first opened all office personnel and NP were wonderful people. As the practice had grown sadly that has changed. While Dr. Accetta is wonderful and there when needed, his staff does not display the same demeanor he does. Every busy professional doctor needs a gatekeeper, but one with heart and compassion which is sadly lacking at this time. I used to recommended the doctor to anyone who would listen, never again.

October 5th, 2013
Response to the most recent review dated August 16, 2013
I am Practice Administrator for Dr. Accetta. I am replying to the comments dated 8/16/13 as a review for now. Once vitals.com has their tech support available, we will resubmit this post in the 'Doctors comments' section. Whenever we hear of a negative experience, we take it to heart and feel the need to respond swiftly. Because it is a small practice and Dr. Accetta does know each of his patients, we have a pretty good idea who wrote this review and it is upsetting that she decided to post on a public forum rather than address her concerns privately with the doctor directly. Nevertheless, we must now defend ourselves publicly as well: PNP Tammy did in fact see this child at 3 weeks old and CORRECTLY diagnosed foreskin adhesions (very common). After suggested correct hygiene and attempted manual release were unsuccessful, conservative therapy was abandoned and Peds Urology was consulted (also common). Even the specialist tried topical steroids first. The report at followup stated persistent "dense and thick skin bridges" which prompted that specialist to recommend surgical lysis "after 1 year of age". The parents then obtained a 2nd opinion who agreed such "post-circumcision fusion" required lysis. Obviously, no "important issue" was ever "missed" in this case. His care was never compromised. Actually, what she neglected to mention was Tammy had discovered on this patient a right clavicle fracture from birth which was confirmed after our referral to Peds Ortho. Something her prior pediatrician overlooked. You have the right to your opinion about whether or not you felt he spent enough time with you. With today's demands on everyone's schedules, he does his absolute best to provide optimal care to all patients. Sometimes because of scheduling conflicts, patients running late, parents asking to squeeze in another child ("It'll only take a few minutes...") and the true emergencies, there seems to never be enough hours in the day. He will always make the time for parents concerns whether by a phone call after hours or by a requested separate appointment - all you need to do is ask. The patients that do respect him and his experience of being in practice for almost 20 years will no doubt testify to his dedication to the profession as well as the health and welfare of children. Good advice is to always write your questions down and bring them with you. Being a new parent can feel overwhelming at times, but Dr. Accetta and our entire staff are here to guide you through the challenges of becoming new Moms & Dads.

June 5th, 2013
Takes no time with child and seems annoyed and uncomfortable when parent has questions. Speaks rapidly while backing out of the room. Secretarial staff rude and unfirendly. Hardly ever in the office, has nurse practioner working more hours than he works and billing as if he is seeing the patients. If there is a crisis with your child or an emergency he wil not be available to speak to. You will get an answering servie directing you to take the child to the emergency room. Very disappointed with this doctor.
Doctor's Response

As practice administrator, I am very disappointed to read such an unpleasant review that has several inaccuracies. Although he strives to provide both thorough & expediant care, Dr. Accetta always makes time for parents' questions whenever they come up. This is never "annoying" or "uncomfortable" for him to do. Also, our staff is actually well-known for being personable & attentive compared to others. If you have had an unpleasant experience with a particular staff member, or staff as a whole, I would welcome hearing about it so we can work to improve our services. Please just call the office and ask to speak to the office manager and I will be happy to address your concerns. As far as our Nurse Practioner's schedule, she works mainly on Wed & Thurs while Dr. Accetta covers all other times, including Tues until 8 pm. Dr. Accetta reviews each and every one of her charts within a day of the visit. He is also available to consult on any cases that she may have questions on. This schedule allows for our office to be open and see patients 7 days a week. The front staff is under direction to accommodate any requests to see either Dr. Accetta or the Nurse Practitioner for scheduled visits. If your child is ill and needs to be seen that same day, it isn't always possible to have a choice. Finally, you will always speak to a live person through our answering service. They have implicit orders to contact the physician until 12:30 every night for after-hours calls. After that time, we use the well known service through Cleveland Children's Hospital for any emergency calls. Should your child need to be seen at the hospital, Dr. Accetta will always be notified no matter what time of day. Neither just directs you to the ER ever.

October 17th, 2012
Lia Veneziano
My children have been patients of Dr. Accetta for over 10 yrs. His office is extraordinarily clean and friendly. Getting an appointment is so easy because the receptionist is so accommodating. I am so glad to have great pediatrician and caring office.

May 25th, 2012
Awesome in emergency
My daughter had life threatening issues at birth, in the midst of residents just staring, born early...and my husband was very sick, staring chemo. Late my daughter had cardiac issues. Dr. Acctta is as cool as a cucumber handling everything. I love the weekend hoursI highly recommend him!

April 28th, 2012
Dr Accetta has no heart.
Dr. Doesn't spend enough time and rushes out to the next patient. You always feel like when you ask him a question, he isAlready walking out of the room. Very disappointed, I'm looking for another pediatrician. All this doctor cares is that you pay him his money. No heart at all.

August 4th, 2010
Dr. Accetta is knowledgeable, friendly and caring. His office is welcoming to children which alleviates any worries they may have in visiting the dr. The office is clean and beautifully decorated to appeal to children. Staff are wonderful. As busy as he may be sometimes he always has time to answer questions. He has a great sense of humor and makes annual or sick visits pleasant.

November 20th, 2009
My kids really like Dr. Accetta!
I have been going to Dr. Accetta since my oldest son was born. He is great with kids and very nice with adults also. I would highly recommend him, even for a nervous child, as my younger son definately falls into this category.

March 29th, 2017