Dr. Joseph Aleo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2016
Dr. Aleo's excellent care
Dr. Aleo has been my primary care doctor for 10 years. He has always been caring, informative, and extremely competent. He will find time to see me in emergencies.

January 25th, 2016
Good, but spread too thin
I have mixed feelings about Dr. Aleo. I've seen him for almost two decades now, and had mostly positive experiences under his care. He seems increasingly rushed as of late, though, and it has really diminished him as a primary care physician. He always seems to have one eye on the door, no longer gives me opportunities to ask questions or raise concerns, and seems almost put off when I bring up a question or concern unprompted. He'll tell me to make another appointment to look into it, but I get the distinct impression he hopes I won't. Admittance for a scheduled appointment is usually very fast. He and his staff are often very slow to follow up, though. It takes several days (and sometimes repeated attempts) to get responses to phone and Patient Portal messages. I'm grateful for the years of care Dr. Aleo has provided, but I'm probably going to go elsewhere soon. I feel like Dr Aleo and his staff are simply too busy these days.

November 14th, 2011
Dr. Aleo is the Best
I have been going to Dr. Aleo for over 20 years and I can't say enough good things about him. He always has time to talk with me when I have questions, his manner is friendly and concerned, and his diagnosis is always spot on. If an issue is out of his realm of expertise, he will refer me to a specialist. I wish there were more doctors like him! He is wonderful.

August 31st, 2010
Good Doctor hampered by staff
Dr Aleo is a fine doctor, although over the last few years his practice has grown so large that he always seems rushed. The staff treat patients like they are an annoyance - staff treatment ranges from a weary tolerance of patients to downright rudeness. Perhaps they are overworked as well. To get any services (such as an emergency appointment or prescription refill) one must jump through an ever-changing series of hoops. However, Dr Aleo is respectful of patient's time - in years of seeing him I have never had to wait more than a trivial amount of time. However, once he turns you over to staff for tests, bloodwork, etc - well, bring a good book!

July 31st, 2009
Quick to dismiss some symptoms without fully investigating yet other times is quick to order tests for symptoms. Problems arose as a result of not investigating concerns. Usually okay.

February 11th, 2009
Doctor was very nice and very polite during the visit.He made a lot of promises. I was excited when I transferred to his office...I got really sick: fever over 103, tried to call - nothing, I left message - no one called back, I tried to make an appointment - even after explaining how sick I was, I've been told he was available only in a week... I ended up in ER.I though am just a bad day, but...I had another emergency - and story repeated itself in frustrating matterWhy do I need a doctor if he is not there for me when I really need him the most?It is a nightmare not only to see a doctor but to prove that I have an appointment. I have a rule now never forget an appointment card, because I have to prove receptionist that I scheduled appointment almost every time my name is not found in the computer! It is ridiculous. In spite that doctor seemed so nice and location is so convenient I'm looking for a new one

December 4th, 2008
Great Doctor
Very hard to get through his staff to him directly.

January 21st, 2017