Dr. Joseph Allen MD Patient Reviews

3.9

July 14th, 2015
Great staff, good location, family friendly for sure.

May 8th, 2015
Over the years...
I have been a patient of Dr. Fassetts for over 15 years. He is a wonderful man, and I hope he continues to practice medicine for many years. Dr Allen is the physician I see when I cannot get an appt with Fassett. Dr Allen always seems distracted and not overly interested in making any conversation at all. He wants to get in and out of the room.His nurse leaves much to be desired. She is rude and unkind to patients. Both my mother and my husband have commented on how unnecessarily nasty she is to paying patients. Last time I went in she slapped a paper in my hand and gruffly told me I could get my blood work elsewhere. She did not offer an explanation, and didn't even tell me to fast for the test... which I had to get twice . The quality of care has gone down dramatically over the years, I am seriously considering changing doctors at this point.

November 25th, 2011
the best part about this office is how easy it is to be seen. usually dr allen will see you within a day or too. that is the best thing about this doctor. otherwise, pretty mediocre...

May 18th, 2011
Dr. Allen - Excellent doctor
I have been a patient of Doc Joe for 10 years. His bedside manner, courtesy and professionalism has always been stellar.

February 18th, 2011
Best doctor I have had. Staff is on the ball and does not drag their feet.

January 13th, 2011
Does the Doctor "CARE" more about certain types of insured patients ...??
I switched over to Dr. Allen last year, as heard he also specializes in 'sports medicine", and I have seen him 4-5 visits, for several issues. EACH time, his persona seems as if he doesn't care much at all at what I am trying to describe (symptoms-wise). I am starting to wonder if he normally just doesn't show ANY enthusiasm/caring/passion about anything at all, personality-wise, or does my HMO type of insurance coverage only warrant a small degree of caring. Hopefully not, as I have had many doctors/surgeons/specialists in 4-5 different states, and none seemed to possess his level of "caring".I will be changing doctors soon, and am afraid I CANNOT recommend Dr. Allen to anyone.

December 8th, 2010
Great doctor, good staff
I've been going to Dr. Allen for years and have never had anything but great experiences. Even though I only seem him once a year or so, he always remember my history, what sport I play, what college I'm in, and whatever my previous ailments have been. He listens to what I have to say and takes my opinion into consideration while being as professional and personable as a doctor can be. He never seems in a rush, always spends enough time with me, and leaves me feeling like I'm leaving a friend rather than a random doctor.

November 30th, 2010
Good Doctor, Bad Office Staff
Dr. Allen is actually a very nice and helpful Doctor, but the staff that takes calls and make appointments are unhelpful and rude. Seems to have gotten worse over the last year or so.

April 22nd, 2010
Very mediocre doctor
He is nice, but doesn't seem to be personable. He also doesn't seem to care very much.