Dr. Joseph Alleva MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Evanston, IL

3.6

April 20th, 2017
All I have to say he's the best doctor

January 25th, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone
I had cervical epidural injection 7 months ago which was very successful and gave me huge relieve of my chronic neck and arm pain. After 3 months, the symptoms started to come back and I needed my next shot. Unfortunately, the doctor who performed the original procedure stopped accepting my insurance and I was referred to dr Alleva by my PCP. Dr Alleva required me to come for the consultation during which I explained to him that whatever the first doctor did worked for me and I asked him to do the same. He reassured me that he reviewed my records and will do the same procedure. When the procedure was performed everything was different: from the time spent there, to the sitting position with my neck bent forward vs laying on my stomach with my neck bent backward, to the number of x-rays taken during the procedure, to the sensations that I had during the shot. It didn't work at all and I didn't get any relieve , but the doctor reassured me again that he did exactly the same as my first doctor did and that these shots don't work sometimes. I believed Dr. Aleva, however I had to find another doctor to relieve my constant severe pain. The third procedure was done exactly how it was done by my very first doctor and with the same immediate effect - relieve of pain. When I described to the third dr what happened to me during dr Alleva' s procedure and after reviewing my chart, he confirmed my suspicion that Dr Alleva performed a different procedure and that's why it didn't help. Dr Aleva wasn't helpful in relieving my pain and on top of that he lied to me that it was the same procedure that my first dr performed. IT IS NOT RIGHT on many levels: he prolonged my suffering for four more months, was dishonest/unethical, wasted insurance payment and my co-pay for two useless office visits.

November 11th, 2015
I have injured myself repeatedly and Dr. Alleva is great from initial diagnosis right through physical therapy

September 25th, 2015
Makes life pain free

August 29th, 2015
Uncaring doctor
Dr. Alleva was so cold and uncaring. Answers had to be dragged out of him. He provided very little information/suggestions without me asking the questions. He had no compassion for the level of pain and provided no suggestions on how to manage it. He didn't seem care that I was finding no relief. He was rude and just left me hanging. What a waste of my time and money. I will not be going back to him, and I will never recommend him to my friends and/or family. In fact, I will make sure they steer clear of Dr. Alleva.

June 11th, 2013
patient
worst bed side manner i have ever seen. will not be going back to this doctor. spent about 5 minutes with me- i felt very rushed.

Health Guides