Dr. Joseph Alvaro Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Alvaro?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Alvaro?

7 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 7 Ratings with 1 Comment

November 19th, 2010

Disappointing

I made an appointment to be seen at the office three weeks in advance. I made it clear to the scheduler that I did not have an insurance card at that time as my insurance wouldn't be effective for another week or so. I was advised this was fine. I made an appointment to be seen on a Friday. I received a call on Wednesday to confirm my appointment for Thursday. I had to correct the staff, advising them they scheduled me for Friday. I again confirmed it was OK that I didn't have an insurance card. At the conclusion of the call, the rep said "Ok, we'll see you tomorrow!" I had to call back AGAIN to verify they had this right. I showed up on Friday to be turned away because I didn't have my insurance card. When I provided them with my ID number they stated they "don't validate insurance coverage". I was also THEN advised that the office accepts cash only for copay amounts. Their excuse for this was that I had been speaking with a "new" employee, so she wasn't aware of the policies and procedures of the office. Overall, the staff was rude and inept. I wish I could have accurately rated the doctor but I couldn't get past the two daft employees I spoke with at reception. Needless to say, I would not recommend this office to anyone who wishes to be treated with any amount of professional courtesy.

August 11th, 2016