A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Amaral:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Amaral
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Amaral Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Amaral, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Body Weight
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Amaral graduated from Brown University, Providence.
Dr. Amaral has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Rhode Island Hospital
- Roger Williams Hospital
- Women and Infants Hospital of RI
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Ferreira Amaral MD is a male Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph F. Amaral practice?
- Dr. Joseph Amaral has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph Amaral practices Surgery near Providence, RI.
See Providence Surgeons.