Dr. Joseph Astacio MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics McDonough, GA

March 5th, 2015
Not practicing healthy habits
I selected this doctor based on his reviews. I went to the office to pick up the forms to advoid arriving early for the appt. scheduled at another date. As I was waiting in line, I noticed the chairs for the children were really dirty, so my first impression was not a good one. As we were being seen by Dr. Astacio (very friendly), he asked me to turn around so he could check my son's private parts, so I did. As my son & I walked out to the car, I asked him did he touch his private parts & he said he did. I was not happy to know that he didn't wash his hands when he entered the room or after he examined my son.

August 31st, 2013
Does not listen to the mom
I did not have a good experience with this doctor. He does not listen to me as a mother and does what he wants to do regardless of what the mother says. I took my son in and KNEW he had strep throat -- he was exposed to it and he had all the symptoms. Because my son was crying, he would not do a strep test and preceded to tell me it was a cold. Well, it was a Friday and Saturday morning we were in the ER because he was throwing up and running 104 fever and had -- you guessed it -- STREP. He also told me other inaccurate things over a period of time and I just decided it wasn't worth it to keep seeing him. On top of that, the wait time in that office is RIDICULOUS. Over an hour in the waiting room and then one to two hours in the exam room.

October 16th, 2012
I was a patient of Dr. Astacio's 20 years ago in Forest Park. I now take my own 2 children to him. He is compassionate, knowledgable, and a great listener. I never leave feeling like he didn't answer all of my questions.

November 8th, 2011
11 wonderful years!!!
Always a wonderful visit. After 11 years with my daughter. It feels just like family. With friendly warm greetings, I'm always glad to visit. Not glad that the little one is sick, but very happy to see a friendly face. Thanks for all you do...

August 29th, 2011
Love, Love, LOVE Dr. Astacio & Staff but HATE the waiting time.
I have 3 children ranging in ages 3-9 and they been Dr. Astacio's patients for the last 4 years. I love the way he explains things and doesn't just rush in, give a quick diagnosis and leaves. The nurses are really sweet and are great with children. The only thing that always gets to me is the waiting time. Whenever we have an appointment I plan for a 2-3 hours stay. But the waiting time to me is really worth it.

November 2nd, 2010
Waiting
My appointment was for 10:00am. I was on time with my four year old daughter. We waited 1 hour in the waiting room then 1 hour in the patients room. We then waited another 30 min before I complained about the wait time. My daughter was having her 4 year old check up and shots. The office had locked the front door for lunch. There was no patients in the waiting room and only other patient was in another room who was getting service before us. When I asked to see the office manager she told me sick children are seen faster even if you have an appointment. She said the nurse has to complete more logs for my daughter than the sick children however the nurse who was prepairing her shot was taking care of every child but mine. When I tried to make my feeling known to the office manager she said she was not going to argue with me. I didn't know explaining our wait time was an argument. She was very uncaring and did not offer a solution she only offered to giver her the shot and said this is how it always is and can make no promises to have better service in the future. I decided not to let them stick my daughter after they have singled us out leaving us in the room unattended for an hour and a half.

January 20th, 2010
Best Doctor Ever
Dr. Astacio was my children's pediatrician from 1997 until 2000, when we moved away. At the time, I could not have been happier with Dr. Astacio and hated to leave the area. We returned this year, and Dr. Astacio is still truly the best doctor ever. We were able to get an appointment to see him just when we needed him. And, just as he has always done, he took the time to explain and answer any questions we had, all the while using his terrific "bed-side" manner. I cannot imagine a better pediatrician (or human being for that matter) than Dr. Astacio.

March 30th, 2009
Dr. Astacio is an absloute WONDERFUL doctor. I cannot say enough!! My oldest daughter has been seeing him for 9 years now, she is 11. He & his staff use to let us come in early, before hours, to be seen. I love Felicia she is GREAT!! All three of my daughters will always continue to go to this practice!! Great bedside manner by everyone!!