Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Carter is the best he delivered my son back in 2005 and he fixed my issues with my severe anemia. He knew right away what needed to be done and got it scheduled right away!!!

|  *WARNING*Do Not Go To This DR.  |  show details
by Kathy S. on Dec 13th, 2014

Worst Dr I have ever been to. He was rude when I had to call him when he was the on call Dr I was 26 wks pregnant kept telling him I was in severe pain/contractions told me to take tylenol this took place 4 times over several hours in the night . I started bleeding and called again he then huffed and said "fine come in the office first thing in the morning"! I did still having contractions/pain upon his first look /exam he yelled for the nurse to call an ambulance said I was having that baby today again i was 26 wks pregnant. I was sent by ambulance to a hospital my son was born in few short hours later he was blue not breathing eyes still closed weighing 1 lb. By the grace of god he spent 3 1/2 month in NICU at Children's Hospital and survived. He has brain damage along w/ special needs that will be there for life due to his premature birth that could have been prevented. Second time I saw this man I had a golf ball sized vaginal cyst that happened overnight. Very painful he was only Dr available to see that day in the office w/out any numbing meds cut the cyst open inside vaginal wall and squeezed/drained cyst and put in a drain tube thing in. I was hurting screaming during this and my husband said can u not give her something for her pain? He then slammed my chart on the counter and said "fine i will give her motrin along with her antibiotic" I ended up going to the ER after I saturated a towel with blood. I needed a blood transfusion as well as the drain was put in backwards so a new one was applied after they used a local numbing agent. He is the rudest, most uncaring Dr that I have ever seen. Stay away from this Dr please!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Best Surgeon for Women in Oak Ridge, TN  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Carter delivered my daughter and remained by my side throughout the entire labor. He coached and prepared me to have a natural childbirth. I did not want an epidural and he discussed alternative methods. I have seen Dr. Carter for 21 years and can't imagine having any other doctor! Best surgeon in Oak Ridge!!!

|  BEST, MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE AND EXPERIANCED DOCTOR IN THE AREA!!!  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

When looking for a doctor that is not only looking out for your health but ALSO the health of your baby DR. CARTER is the best out there!!! i have never had to wait and unreasonable amount of time, the staff has always been polite and willing to help me, Dr. Carter was very knowledgable, and not only did he answer all of my questions but he also gave me so other resources that would help me better understand! HE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST AND I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE!

|  If your life depends on a good doctor, look elsewhere  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

There is no way in the world I would ever be a patient of Dr. Carter. I believe you would be taking a great risk if you became one.