A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Babb:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Babb
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Babb Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Babb, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Babb graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Babb has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
- Heritage Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Dolby Babb MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph D. Babb practice?
- Dr. Joseph Babb has 2 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Babb practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Greenville, NC.
See Greenville Internists and Greenville Cardiologists.