Surgical Specialist

61 Beaverbrook Rd
Ste 301
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
973-778-6676
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Discourteous and Unprofessional  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

I was referred to Joesph Barrata's office and was seen by a junior doctor who looked unsure of his diagnosis. He sent me though for a CT scan and even after a second visit and the scan results the junior was unable to accurately diagnose the problem.After a few months the problem got worse so I scheduled an appointment with Joesph Barrata himself. I received several calls from his office to ensure I'd attend but when I did attend Barratas decided that he wouldn't. His staff called him and he eventually agreed to meet his obligation and come but refused to give me an ETA on his arrival.His treatment of me was discourteous at best and down right unprofessional at worst.Either way avoid this practice at all costs.

|  Have a little rspect for your patients!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

I walked out! Was referred by my primary doc. First appt attempt they tried to schedule me with a NP/PA. I was NOT referred to an NP/PA, I was referred to the surgeon! Then almost two weeks for an appt with the actual doc. I walk in today 10 minutes prior to my apt and there had to be at least 25 others in the waiting room! I asked the receptionist if I would be seen on time? No. How long? Dear in the headlights. Even at 10 patients an hours, it had to be at least a 2.5 hour wait. I know many surgeons have egos the size of M. Everest but this demonstrates a complete lack of respect for his patients. If you get this backed up, have your staff pick up the damned phones and start rescheduling!But given the other comments posted here and other places, it seems this doctor thinks his time is considerably more valuable than that of his patients. It is NOT!

Jun 7th, 2012

the wait time in the office is too long...almost 2 hours before you get to see the doctor. Then Dr. Baratta is not available...while you're in the waiting room, the staff talks about the patients being upset and think it's a joke. Meanwhile, you're in the room listening to the whole conversation. We, as patients, have a right to be upset for waiting so long. Some of us leave work early to get to the doctor's appointments on time and they (Dr. Baratta's office) don't have the professionalism to understand the patients anger...would never go to the office again.

|  ?????  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

my wait time as aforementioned was 2 hrs the doctor did not even see me one of his assistants and nurse did and i have surgery schedule with him...so im a little concerned. i was recommended to him by another doctor so im trusting that doctors choice and also the high number of patients must mean something...either he's good or everyones sick!!!! follow up to come...

by Patti Cohen on Aug 24th, 2010

I would most definitely not recommend this doctor. He was rude and even asked my mom how long she had been in this country because she could not understand the medical terms he was using. The wait at his office is over 2 hours and Dr. Baratta has no regard for his patients time. His office staff will cover for him and tell you they are on time when you call ahead.

|  Excellent doctor!!!!!! Wonderful experience!!!!  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2010

Dr. Baratta answered all of my questions in detail and gave me all the time I needed in order for me to understand my procedure. I probably kept the next patient waiting, but Dr. Baratta did not seem to pressure me or hurry me at all. I felt very comfortable. i can see why someone must wait for him as I did, and likely the next patient, but he is worth the wait. I read the comment below regarding the PA (physician's assistant). He is no longer working for Dr. Baratta nor anyone else's private practice at this time from what I am told. I hope this will help others to know.

|  Worst experience of my life  |  show details
by add on Jul 7th, 2010

looooong wait. (more than 2.5 hours).worst office staff.doctor has so many patients waiting outside, he doesn't have time to talk to you.

|  The Best Dr I've ever had!  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2010

I have shared my story of Dr Baratta with everyone!!He is BY FAR the kindest most fantastic Dr with the most extraordinary bedside manner EVER!! I have absolutely no threshold for pain and am an extremely nervous patient - he made my surgery a breeze! Unforgettable and one of a kind!

|  EXCELLENT SURGEON ALL AROUND.  |  show details
by sheren Menshawy on Mar 6th, 2010

100 %

|  Excellent surgeon.  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2010

Great bedside manner, excellent skills, heart of gold. Dr. Baratta is as conscientious as they come. I recommend above all others in the area.

|  I would follow Dr. Baratta anywhere.  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2010

No matter what hospital, I would have Dr. Baratta perform my surgery and any surgery for my family members. I would follow Dr. Baratta anywhere. He is the most experienced and knowledgeable surgeon in the Northern New Jersey area.

Dec 8th, 2009

This surgeon is also affiliated with St. Mary's hospital in Passaic, NJ. I would NOT recommend going to St. Mary's as it is a poorly run hospital.

|  Dr. Baratta is the absolute best!!!!  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2009

Dr. Baratta is the absolute best!!!! I would trust him with any surgery for myself and my family. I know I am in good hands with Dr. Baratta!

|  Dr. Baratta is the best!  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2009

Dr. Baratta did my emergency surgery and saved my life. Thank you, Dr. Baratta. I am still here because of you.

|  Dr. Baratta is the surgeon's surgeon!  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2009

Dr. Baratta is the surgeon other surgeons call for back up or to get them out of trouble that may arise in the operating room, when other surgeons need help to get them out of a situation, or if they are over their heads. That in and of itself speaks volumes about Dr. Baratta. He is the surgeon's surgeon!

|  Top Surgeon!  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2009

Dr. Baratta is excellent! By far the best surgeon in New Jersey! He was so wonderful throughout my surgery, and kept close follow up. I was definitely in good hands!

|  Excellent surgeon all around.  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2009

Highly recommend!!!

|  Superior Surgeon!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2009

Dr. Baratta is wonderful! He is caring and spent so much time with me explaining my surgery. After my surgery he was so conscientious about my follow up care. My surgery went so well and I felt very taken care of. Thank you Dr. Baratta!

Jun 30th, 2009

It doesn't get any better than Dr. Baratta. He is an absolute genius. His skills are those of a sugical master of all procedures that he performs. I trust Dr. Baratta with the lives of my family, friends, and of course, my own. His bedside manner is incomparable. He makes you feel at ease, and as if you are his only patient, though he evidently has scores of patients.