A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Bassett:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Bassett, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Jaw Diseases (Craniomandibular Disorders)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Diseases
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Bassett graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Bassett has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bassett accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 3 plans
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 20 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph S. Bassett practice?
Dr. Joseph Bassett practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Dearborn, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Troy, MI.
See Dearborn Surgeons and Dearborn Cardiothoracic Surgeons.