A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Bassett:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Bassett is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Bassett
Endometriosis Patient Education Read about common symptoms and treatments by reading our endrometriosis patient education guide to endometrial implants.Before Visiting Dr. Bassett Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Bassett, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Jaw Diseases (Craniomandibular Disorders)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Diseases
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Bassett graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Bassett has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph S Bassett MD is a male Surgeon, has 50 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph S. Bassett practice?
- Dr. Joseph Bassett has 5 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Bassett practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Dearborn, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Troy, MI and Southfield, MI.
See Dearborn Surgeons and Dearborn Cardiothoracic Surgeons.