Overall Review

2.6

March 11th, 2016
Very smart. Knows his business. Always friendly. I feel so lucky to have found him. He cares!!

March 6th, 2015
Avoid at all costs
I took my teenage son for acne. Got an appointment immediately, which was first clue that perhaps doc isn't too much in demand. We returned several times with no improvement. Finally his rudeness and condescending tone was too much to tolerate. We left that day to never return after he told me to "keep quiet " as I asked him a question. My son finally spoke up and told him he was rude to say that to me and wuth that we walked out as he was dictating loudly into his recorder about how rude we were !! Unbelievable !!!

March 11th, 2014
Dr doesn't tell u what he is doing before he does something to u! ZERO STARS
This Dr is the worst dr I have ever been too. I had eyrthema nodosum sp? Before and seen a good dr Dr Stephens which she is now in Wexford. She did a bio and then gave me a few stiches on my leg. It healed nicely. After I had my son I got a little flare up in my right leg in the calf area. I went to see this dr and he was rude, mean did not ask me what I did for a living anything. He and his nurse looked at my leg which I was lying down for and he just decided to do a bio on me and didn't even ask If he could. So they put a band aid on it an told me to keep it covered til the next day. So the next day I took the bandage off, there was a BIG hole in my leg. No stiches! He never told me how to clean this hole, or to keep it covered while working nothing! I still to this day have a hole in my leg and it looks horrible. It healed but like I said u can see a big hole like I got Burt by a cigarette. I would not recommend this dr to anyone! It had been three years since this happened to me And it still looks bad.

November 21st, 2013
Great Dermatologist
I have been a patient of Dr. Bikowski for many years. I know when I have an appointment that I won't be waiting an hour in the waiting room because he is usually on time. His office staff is friendly and professional. I am fair skinned and have a lot of freckles and moles. I can 100% trust his judgment when I ask him if something may be cancerous that he will make the right decision and do further testing if necessary. I wouldn't trust anyone else with burning things off my face or other parts of my body. If he says it won't leave a bad scar, I can count on that. I don't like going to the dermatologist, but it is important to me that I have a doctor whose judgment I can trust.

November 7th, 2013
Rude and condescending
I agree with other reviewers. This doctor has absolutely no bedside manner. He acts like he does not have time for questions. When you are able to ask him a question, he responds like you are stupid and has some sarcastic response. I have never been treated so poorly by any doctor and could not recommend him to other people. The staff was cordial.

October 6th, 2013
Horrible experience for my teen
Took my teenager for acne she doesn't have cystic acne...just moderte acne. He pushes accutane and swears nothing else works for acne. Very rude, said ill give you whatever you want but you'll be calling me for accutane because nothing else will work. Rude to my child. He's a jerk plain and simple.

December 4th, 2012
This Dr is very matter of fact but knows exactly what he is talking about. He may not crack jokes or be as personable as some Dr's but his diagnosis is spot on and he will tell you if there is any chance it could be something else. I would rather have him than a Dr that cracks jokes but has no idea what is going on with you, any day

November 8th, 2012
DONT TAKE YOUR CHILD THERE EVER
Took my daughter for a acne problem said only way she would ever get ride of the cyst? ( if that is what it is) was a cortisone shot. Never explained any side effects made you to believe this is a normal safe procedure. What did I know I am not a dermotoligist so I oked it as I did not want my daughter to have this forever, took her back a few weeks later for a follow up he wanted to do another shot again I did not ok this time took her to her doctor they refered me to a different derm. The other dermotologist would have never done what Bikowski did. He should not be able to treat anyone under the age of 18. Was very rude and went into a temper tantrum when I declined his follow up treatment. Went on about how long he has been a dr, well if you ask me he needs to go back to medical school and should not be in business. He should Never be trusted with the treament of children.

November 2nd, 2012
Yikes!
This doctor and his entire staff are rude and condescending! They look down on you and ridicule you to your face! I WILL NEVER Go again! YOU LOST MY BUSINESS!

July 22nd, 2012
Very "to the point" but always accurate!
Over the last 25 years, my family and I have all visited Dr. Bikowski for our skin issues ... He's very much matter of fact and to the point, and always has been. BUT when it comes to getting an accurate diagnosis and fixing the problem, he's great! Was never enamoured too much with his staff, even though he's changed some of them in the last few years, but I'd recommend Dr. B to anyone with a hard to crack case of acne, unidentifiable rashes, moles that need removed, skin cancers and pretty much everything else!If you want results, the dermatologist to see is Dr. Bikowski. He's not going to chat with you for 30 minutes about things unrelated to your condition, but he'll definitely fix your skin problem!

June 21st, 2012
Rude Jerk - wish I would have read these comments first
I met with Dr. Bikowski today (new patient) for a rash on my eyelids that has been flaring up for the past 6 weeks. He was a jerk, didn't even tell me what was wrong with me or what I could do to try to figure it out. He gave me a Rx for a cream and said come back in 2 weeks. He made a lot of rude comments throughout the(5 mins max) appointment, didn't let me talk at all, and had something negative to say about everything. I also found it strange that the office required your credit card information for billing. I will NOT be going back for my 2 week follow up. Too bad every other Dr I have tried to call is booked through November. It is probably easy to get an appoinment with him because he is such an a$$ that no one wants to go to him.

May 26th, 2012
Didn't know what he was doing
I went to Dr. Bikowski for acne. I told him the only prescription I'd tried in the past for my acne was antibiotics, and I was surprised when he immediately recommended Accutane to me. Accutane is supposed to be a last resort type of medicine for the most severe kind of acne, but I unwisely decided to take his advice. After going through a lot of red tape to get this medicine (a required 30-day initial wait period, two pregnancy tests, and signing up with iPLEDGE), the next day after taking my first Accutane dose, I woke up with extreme pain in my head and stomach. I felt like I was going to die, no joke!Dr. Bikowski then told me to stop taking Accutane and he put me on more antibiotics and retin-A. They did nothing except make my face hurt so bad that I couldn't even press my lips together without pain. I then decided I had enough of this doctor and found Acne.org's great products that actually helped me, unlike this man. (Acne.org's products uses benzoyl peroxide, which I've used in the past with no success. But Acne.org's approach uses it correctly which gives very good results, unlike what you see with other over-the-counter products and Proactiv. Give it a try even if you've tried benzoyl peroxide before!)And like other reviewers have said, this guy has terrible bedside manner. At first I liked his no-nonsense style, but after doing more research on Accutane and feeling uncomfortable asking him questions, I grew tired of his attitude. He told me that Accutane is one of the safest drugs out there - obviously that isn't true if you only do a shred of research on it. I meant to get around to asking him questions about sunscreen, but never felt comfortable doing so. I don't trust his expertise if he's so quick to dish out Accutane to just anyone. Find a different dermatologist, for your own sake!