Dr. Joseph Brewer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 6th, 2015
Exceptional and all his colleagues know it!
An Excellent specialist. He has literally saved my life from the difficult to diagnose ailments of Lyme disease and mold toxicity. Without him I'd be dead by now. He takes on the status quo for the benefit of his patients and does not cower to those whom seek to take the licenses of doctors whom work on the cutting edge. He really does care about finding solution.

February 11th, 2015
breaking heart
I am very upset. His office told me he was not taking any new patients. It was so abrupt I didn't believe the receptionist. I would like to see his name removed from any websites. My husband is very ill and I can't find an physician who claims they are specialists in the field of cfs. Very disappointed in the way they handle people.

January 7th, 2015
Great ID doc
Dr. Brewer speaks at many conferences, trains and teachers other doctors and knows the world of infectious disease more than most. He is not a "Lyme Dr" and will not treat patients without evidence based testing, which is why you see some negative reviews here about him not taking "Lyme patients" (some of these people I assume didn't have testing to back up their self diagnosis). A well respected Dr and published Dr in his field who is on staff at Saint Lukes Hospital.

August 5th, 2013
Dr. Brewer is NOT accepting new patients and will NOT give out any referrals. They will tell you to ask your primary care physician. In my case this is not a viable option. I have chronic fatigue syndrome. I can't find any other specialists in KC who specialize in CFS. I'm desperate as it is ruining my life.

March 7th, 2013
Best doctor I have ever seen!
Dr. Brewer is thorough, thoughtful and very courteous. My first appointment with him he and his staff were so efficient. His waiting room was peaceful and inviting but I literally waited only a few minutes for the nurse to come out. I was very surprised that while the nurse was still taking information he came in and said he wanted to do certain things himself. He was very kind , compassionate and has amazing bed side manner. He also helped me to finally get treatment that day. Literally I left with plan A, B , and C in my hands and in my notes. He listened for nearly 2 hours and with every test over the next few months he followed up personally to see how I was responding. I would recommend Dr. Brewer to anyone who needs a doctor to solve a really tough mystery. Hes up for te challenge everytime!

March 1st, 2011
Top of his field
The Ease in getting an appointment question is not fair for a ranking because Dr. Brewer is at the top of his field in the region, and has a large patient load. I have a chronic leg infection, and been a patient of Dr Brewer since the Mid 80's. I can say there is a high possibility I would have lost my leg, and possibly my life without Dr. Brewer.