Internist, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great ID doc show details Great ID doc
Jan 7th, 2015

Dr. Brewer speaks at many conferences, trains and teachers other doctors and knows the world of infectious disease more than most. He is not a "Lyme Dr" and will not treat patients without evidence based testing, which is why you see some negative reviews here about him not taking "Lyme patients" (some of these people I assume didn't have testing to back up their self diagnosis). A well respected Dr and published Dr in his field who is on staff at Saint Lukes Hospital.

Access impossible show details Access impossible
Apr 23rd, 2014

I'll give two stars for neutrality, because he has a very good reputation. I tried to get to see this doctor in 2012 for evaluation of some chronic undiagnosed problems possibly caused by bacterial infections. I was told he is not taking new patients and there is no waiting list. I called today and the situation is the same. It's such a shame that Dr. Brewer has no formal system for acquiring new patients when others leave, and that he has not trained other physicians to whom he could refer.

Aug 5th, 2013

Dr. Brewer is NOT accepting new patients and will NOT give out any referrals. They will tell you to ask your primary care physician. In my case this is not a viable option. I have chronic fatigue syndrome. I can't find any other specialists in KC who specialize in CFS. I'm desperate as it is ruining my life.

Best doctor I have ever seen! show details Best doctor I have ever seen!
by ALNV on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Brewer is thorough, thoughtful and very courteous. My first appointment with him he and his staff were so efficient. His waiting room was peaceful and inviting but I literally waited only a few minutes for the nurse to come out. I was very surprised that while the nurse was still taking information he came in and said he wanted to do certain things himself. He was very kind , compassionate and has amazing bed side manner. He also helped me to finally get treatment that day. Literally I left with plan A, B , and C in my hands and in my notes. He listened for nearly 2 hours and with every test over the next few months he followed up personally to see how I was responding. I would recommend Dr. Brewer to anyone who needs a doctor to solve a really tough mystery. Hes up for te challenge everytime!

Top of his field show details Top of his field
by Bill Holder on Mar 1st, 2011

The Ease in getting an appointment question is not fair for a ranking because Dr. Brewer is at the top of his field in the region, and has a large patient load. I have a chronic leg infection, and been a patient of Dr Brewer since the Mid 80's. I can say there is a high possibility I would have lost my leg, and possibly my life without Dr. Brewer.