Dr. Joseph Buran MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Buffalo, NY

January 24th, 2017
The best there is
Tore my ACL and lateral Meniscus. I was in college 3 hours away and recommended to the local surgeon. I insisted on using Dr. Buran as he had handled all my athletics injuries my entire life. Glad I did. The surgery went great! It is many years later now, and the knee Dr. Buran worked on is now my good knee! I forget I had such a major injury on it. He really is the best, and if need be I would travel across the country to use him again.

June 14th, 2016
Incredible patience, optimistic and thorough. Had four majorn surgeies over ten uyears ago He is super IQ

February 25th, 2016
RUDE STAFF
The receptionist is so rude she was talking to me like I was a low class citizen. She told me since I was in such pain that I should go to the emergency room at ECMC. Oh that was great, I did however get treated better in there then I probably would have gotten treated at that awful place. This rough sounding receptionist told me after (when the dr. at the ER was not a shoulder guy) AND MY ADJUSTER TOLD ME TO CALL BACK TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with Dr. Buran too bad you got seen at the ER NOW IT IS THERE PROBLEM GO BACK THERE! That is real professional I don't know who peed in her cornflakes....

October 13th, 2014
hip replacemant
I had both hips replaced six months apart. My problems stemmed from excessive overuse from 40 years of sports participation, namely pitching baseball. I remembered Dr Buran as a teammate on my baseball team in the 70's going through med school. I took the chance that he may specialize in my problem and LUCKILY he was an orthopedic surgeon. It is now five years from my surgery and I went from walking with a cane prior to surgery to now pain free, full flexibility in my hips and now able to get down on the floor with my young kids and play with them. There was NO THERAPY OR REHAB after my surgery. I was out of the hospital in a day and a half. I was up and walking without assistance within a couple weeks. I am now 56 years old and feel like I did when I actually played competitive sports. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Buran as an orthopedic doctor for any of my fellow former athletes with physical issues. And any other problems. My wife has seen Dr Buran for a shoulder issue and has been very happy with the results.

September 17th, 2014
Line worker
I didn't get to see the doctor but after meeting his assistant Vince I am totally ok with it. He is really hands on and explained everything clearly. He gave me a shot in my knee and so far so good. The girls in the office are unusually nice...don't see good customer service like that anymore. Very friendly and courteous. I was comfortable and at ease right away. Very cool office. Thanks Vince and 3 ladies...much appreciated!

February 7th, 2013
Knee problem: outstanding care
Dr. Buran treated me in a highly personable and professional manner throughout my entire experience. He really does think about all options and makes sure that you are fully informed. In my case, many doctors would have done a complete knee rebuild for my ACL and meniscus issues. He explained the options to me and recommended that I take the minimal surgery route (miniscus scoping only, no ACL replacement/rebuild). He also recomended that I use a brace (which he didn't sell, so he wasn't making money on it) when I participated in sports so as not to incur any additional injury to the ACL. This occured 15 years ago and I have had no problems at all. I highly recommend Dr. Buran.

October 25th, 2012
Office staff is terribly rude and harsh. There is only one staff member that works nights that is pleasant and personable. Additionally, after my knee surgery there were complications so I had to call during the night. Dr. never got back to me until early the next morning and basically brushed me off saying what I was experiencing was normal drainage when in fact it was lots of blood that was draining out of the site. Second time I called, he never even called me back, just had his secretary call and tell me to go to the emergency room. I am very disappointed with this surgeon and his practice as a whole. Time to look around for someone else.

October 22nd, 2012
Very competent. His PA is great as well.

February 2nd, 2012
THE BEST of the BEST
I have had 3 total knee replacements. Two form Dr. Buran.Also had two shoulder surgeries. Believe me, he is the best of the best and Vincent is great also. The MD who did myu first knee replacement told me that Dr. joe has the best hands in surgery and thinks fast. He is totally nice,

June 19th, 2011
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME
NO WAY WOULD I GO TO THIS DR. AGAIN, NOT EVEN FOR A HANG NAIL... IF YOU CALL HIS OFFICE, DONT EXPECT ANYONE STAFF MEMBER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH AN ANSWER; NONE OF THEM HAVE A MEDICAL BACKGROUND AND DR. BURAN NEVER RETURNS A CALL. THE GIRLS IN THE OFFICE ARE MORE INTERESTED IN EATING M&M'S AND LOOKING AT THE PIZZA MENU, NOT THAT ANY OF THEM NEED IT-THEY ALL WEIGH ABOUT 300 LBS AVERAGE, SOME LESS, SOME MORE... THE DRS. ANSWERS, WHEN YOU FINALLY DO GET TO SEE HIM, ARE NON-CHALANT.... WELL... BLAH BLAH BLAH... . .. IF I HAD LISTENED TO HIM AND DID WHAT HE WANTED, I WOULD HAVE ENDED UP WITH A LEG AMPUTATION. THANK GOODNESS FOR SECOND OPINION DOCS!

May 30th, 2011
Great and you can trust
Dr. Buran is a great doctor i was so happy to know there Doctors like him here in this area. Thanks Dr Buran i trust you and i never need a second Doctor to make sure what you say is true....you know what you doing....because you do care,you take your time..do the necessary test and more to make your patient feel better...thanks so much.

September 9th, 2010
Surgery is not the first option for this man.
Dr. Buran is a great doctor. He tells you like it is. When I went in for my first apt, i'm not going to lie I was scared. After meeting with the staff and the Doctor there was no need to be scared. My shoulder was dislocated Dr. Buran was great at putting it back in. He told me that I would have to go to Pt for a few weeks because he didn't want to make a conclusion right away. I give him a lot of respect for that. After a few months of Pt. I ended up needing surgery. Im glad that I did everything that I could do. Surgery was my last option. He didn't make surgery my first and only option. Most doctors would have make surgery my first option, but not Dr. Buran he does everything else before even bring up surgery. He did a great job. Thank you.