A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Burns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Burns, Fellowship-Trained Sports Medicine Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Burns
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Burns Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Burns, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Elbow Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Burns graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Burns has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Valley Presbyterian Hospital
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Roscoe Boulevard Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph P Burns MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph P. Burns practice?
- Dr. Joseph Burns has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph Burns practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Van Nuys, CA.
See Van Nuys Surgeons.