A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph McCarthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph McCarthy is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph McCarthy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. McCarthy graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. McCarthy has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph C McCarthy MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph C. McCarthy practice?
- Dr. Joseph McCarthy has 2 office locations.
Dr. Joseph McCarthy practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Newton Lower Falls, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.