A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph McCarthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph McCarthy is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCarthy
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McCarthy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph McCarthy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. McCarthy graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. McCarthy has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph C McCarthy MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 37 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph C. McCarthy practice?
- Dr. Joseph McCarthy has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph McCarthy practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Newton Lower Falls, MA.
See Newton Lower Falls Surgeons.