A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph McCarthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph McCarthy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph McCarthy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopy of Hip
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery Hip Replacement Arthroplasty
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Resurfacing
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery Knee Replacement Arthroplasty
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Knee
Education & Awards
Dr. McCarthy graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. McCarthy has 11 hospital affiliations:
- New England Baptist Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. McCarthy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph C. McCarthy practice?
Dr. Joseph McCarthy practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Allergy & Immunology, Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Hematology near Newton Lower Falls, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA.
See Newton Lower Falls Surgeons, Newton Lower Falls Allergists, Newton Lower Falls Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Newton Lower Falls Hematologists.