Dr. Joseph Watson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 13th, 2016
Rude
He was dismissive and so rude and has no empathy whatsoever. My elderly father was referred to him by INOVA and that was the worst referral we could have ever gotten. No idea why he found it necessary to be so rude and condescending to my 79 year old father. We do not recommend him at all. He is very cold.

June 29th, 2016
Great doctor and staff
Dr Watson is a great doctor with wonderful bedside manner. He explains everything to you and makes sure you understand what he is going to do. His office staff Claudia is also wonderful.

November 5th, 2015
Dr. Watson is cold and aloof. He has not bedside manner. He enjoys giving the patient bad news.

March 23rd, 2015
Very satisfied he is a excellent Doctor.

December 3rd, 2013
Be Careful!
I was sent to Dr. Watson as a result of an auto accident. The NS that responded to the ER call stated that he didn't handle trauma that I had incurred and sent me to Dr. Watson. The CT taken in the ER showed Atlanto-Axial Subluxation or in layman terms, I broke my neck at the highest level however, I didn't injure my spinal cord...yet. When I arrived in a hard collar that the ER gave me, he had students review my records. He never actually looked at the CT & told me that only people who intend to sue wear braces. Not fully understanding my issue, I took mine off. Following that appointment, everytime I turned my head, I blacked out. My spine was slipping & I kept ending up in the ER. It turned out I did break my neck & his dismissal of my case caused me to have mini-strokes. I thankfully landed in the hands of the 2 best NS on the East Coast and would never recommend Dr. Watson to my worst enemy. It's scary to know that this guy is mentoring young potential doctors.

July 2nd, 2013
meningeoma
Dr. Watson is an excellent doctor and a compassionate human being. He is AWESOME!!

August 6th, 2012
This is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered.
Whenever I have a medical problem he always comes to mind. Even when it's not his specialty because of his genuine care, concern and attitude he always comes to mind. One of the few humans I would not hesitate to recommend for any reason.