Dr. Joseph Campanelli MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2017
Terrible experience
Honestly I am not sure I have been to a doctor who seemed to care less. He took very little time and seemed put out when I had questions. He diagnosed me within minutes and then told me to take pills and when I asked if there were any lifestyle changes I could make (he diagnosed me with migraines) he said..."not really". Also, when I went home and took the meds they didn't work, so his diagnoses was incorrect as well...found out from another doc that it was inner ear issue (which I mentioned to Dr. Campanelli and he said "it's not an inner ear issue) and helped me fix it with the Epley maneuvers.

July 6th, 2016
Review from RN (my mother) and medical student (Me)
First off he said that my son's lymphnode was swollen and needed to be removed, he never did an MRI to see if it actually was or not. Second as soon as I stated I think it is adenoids and I do not approve of the surgery, he said he was stuck. When my son went into surgery for the lymphnode removal, Campanelli said he would see if the Adenoids needed to be removed. He came out and said oh the lymphnode was normal size he just has a big jugular vein over it. He misdiagnosed my son, would not listen to me and decided to go through with a surgery that was not needed. If he had done an MRI he would have seen that my son's lymphnode was not swollen, if he would have done a check of the adenoids he would have seen that they were as he said on a scale of 1-4 in size they were a 3. This doctor is incompetent and should not be practicing medical.

November 6th, 2012
Awesome
Sometimes people hear what they want to hear, think that a doctor is God. No they are Doctors , and this one is the BEST. One of the brightest minds in the industry and will only do what makes the most sense. Known him for ever and I would bring ANYONE to see him ( if I liked them that is) If your in need of a ENT you really need to atleast check him out. Its only your head your dealing with, probably should go with the best don't you think??? Thanks again Dr. C your my Doctor, not my God. But your talent is God Given. :) I love to being able to hear that's all because of you.

July 20th, 2012
Be Cautious When Choosing Rhinoplasty Doctor
I decided to have Dr. Campanelli handle a procedure I needed for grafting cartilage in my nose to improve my breathing. He convinced me that he could do it through a closed rhinoplasty approach. After two surgeries, my breathing on one side is still not better and actually worse. If I had all of the facts (which were not given to me), I would have chosen the open approach and avoided many unnecessary surgeries. Be careful that when choosing a doctor and surgery approach that you ask a lot of questions and don't just take the less invasive route.

March 17th, 2012
MOHs reconstruction of nose
Is there a way to score higher than 5? He should list magic among his accomplishments! I lost about a quarter of my nose to basal cell cancer. Four months later, I usually have to preach to people about sunblock/cancer before they realize anything ever happened to my nose. Could not be more satisfied. And a very nice man, to boot.

May 20th, 2011
Waiting was too long!!!

November 3rd, 2010
Outstanding physician!
I received excellent care with great results!!!

October 27th, 2010
under-eye circles
I had hollow & dark under-eye circles. Everyone was always asking if i was tired or if I was feeling okay. I went to see Dr Campanelli when he recomended trying Juvederm. The difference was amazing! I don't have people asking me if I am okay all the time and it has made me much more confident in my appearance.

October 12th, 2010
Botox for Hyperhydrosis
I was having a problem with having very sweaty armpits from the time I got up in the morning until I went to bed at night. None of the prescription strength anti-perspirant's were helping at all. A friend had told me about having Botox used in the armpits to help with this problem. I searched for a provider online & found Dr Campanelli's office was very close to my home. I got an appointment to see him within one week. They had told me it could take from 3 to 6 days for it to have full affect, but I noticed by the next day I wasn't sweating at all. I believe it is suppose to last 3 months or so, but mine lasted for over 6 months. I was so happy with the results that I went back to have it again.

September 5th, 2010
Excellent Botox Result
I had received botox twice from a different doctor and both times I was disappointed. Dr Campanelli knew exactly what was wrong and my results are perfect. Highly recommended.

August 11th, 2010
Dr Campanelli was amazing with my grandmother. She had cancer on her nose and was very nervous about going to the doctor. Dr Campanelli was kind and understanding. Her nose looks amazing, You can not even tell she had a surgery! Thank you Dr Campanelli

July 9th, 2010
BAD RHINOPLASTY
Severly screwed up my Rhinoplasty. Did not do what we discussed prior to surgery and did not allot enough time for the surgery. Very unhappy with the result