Dr. Joseph Caruso Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Caruso?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Caruso?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 14th, 2013

Dr. Caruso and his entire staff are ALWAYS professional and courteous. Have been a patient of his for over 15 years and never received anything but the best of care. He is one of the great physicians.

March 11th, 2013

Concerns over inadequate physician and "chatty" non-private staffing.

Greetings! Please get a second opinion if you choose to see this physician and your gut tells you that you believe that this physician is way off base. My heath was seriously compromised due to my decision to follow Dr. Caruso's treatment for several years. In the beginning, I had gone to visit Dr. after recommendation by a family member who stated he was "nice". I had recently quit smoking and quit using caffeine products and I went to visit Dr. Caruso for a physical/ well check-up. After discussing with Dr. some difficulties I was having involving weight gain and and minor anxiety issues...even though no tests were taken...I was deemed "depressed?" and given the antidepressant Zoloft. After a month, I had gained an additional 10 pounds. This went on for six months with each month gaining between 8-10 pounds which was, at the time, attributed to my quitting smoking. Each month I called deeply concerned about the weight gain and was told that I was fine. One particular time, I had called to ask a question of the nursing staff and was put on hold, although the "hold" did not take. I listened for nearly 5 minutes while this nurse discussed my private affairs in public and ridiculed me in front of the staff while I listened to her making derogatory references to my weight and state of mind. Finally, after begging Dr. Caruso, my thyroid was checked and it was proved that I was severely hypothyroid...67 pounds later. I was prescribed Synthroid for my Thyroid and given another antidepressant, Effexor to help me ween off the antidepressant Zoloft (an unbelievable nightmare, I assure you). All in all, because of the use of the antidepressants, I had gained 67 pounds in 7 months without ANY concern from Dr. Caruso, most times attributing my concern due to "anxiety" reasons. Let me tell you, being 67 pounds heavier in 7 months without any explanation tends to make one anxious, especially when all along untreated hypothyroidism was to blame. It doesn't end there. By Dr. Caruso, I was given an overabundance of thyroid medicine for several years which made me hyperthyroid, but Dr. stated that he did not wish to reduce the dose to avoid my gaining weight again. I lived for years in a constant state of anxiety, heart palpitations, insomnia and high blood pressure. I was even given Atenenol to combat the now high blood pressure! Finally, I decided enough was enough. Dr. Caruso is not a terrible man, actually he is rather pleasant, but in my opinion he is an inadequate physician. I sought a second opinion. My new physician tested me thoroughly and much to my and his dismay, we found that my heart muscle had, indeed, suffered damage from my being in a constant state of hyperthyroidism from being over medicated. My thyroid medication dosage was decreased by my new physician. Soon, my energy came back, my blood pressure proved normal and I had absolutely no anxiety. It saddens me when I think of all the years I wasted, and what I endured but I attribute this to God's will and my becoming wise. Please, do your research and be your own patient advocate if you choose to see this physician. God's Blessings.

September 21st, 2011

Although they claim to say they will follow up there is none. Also they lose records a lOt

November 14th, 2016