Joseph C Carver MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 12 reviews

May 20th, 2015
Great Doctor
He delivered 7 or 8 of our 10 kids. Excellent service and gentle. Made me feel like a partner in the delivery room as I helped my wife with breathing and contractions. Only once was he late for a delivery due to late night. Other doctor took over (Kasten, another great doctor), buy boy, was Carver upset. In a good way, he felt he let us down.

October 30th, 2012
Worked with him in Surgery
Dr. Carver is one of the best surgeons I've had the pleasure to work with - I've spent the past 20+ years teaching surgeons laser procedures. I've seen his caring bedside manner and his devotion to his patients. I've worked with some of the best OB/GYNs in the country and his skills are among the best! If he wasn't so far from where I currently live I'd have him take care of my wife and daughter.

December 6th, 2011
I was a patient of his when he was still in Norwalk....he delivered both my babies and I believe he saved my first ones life...Wish he was still in Norwalk, I have yet to find a dr comparable

July 29th, 2011
this is the only dr i will go to and i go about 3 hours to be seen by this dr, He is great, caring and awesome,

May 19th, 2011
I have followed this doctor all over the stae of ohio. He delivered all three of my children and I will never go to a different doctor. I absoultly love him. His beside manner is the best I have ever came across. Where every he is it's worth the drive

February 12th, 2011
greatest ob gyn i have ever seen
I drive 3 and a half hours to see this doctor. He has delivered all 3 of my children. His bedside manner is the greatest he makes u feel comfortable and at ease. Can't say enough good things about him.

October 5th, 2010
Not a good experience
I did not have a very good experience with Dr. Carver and the birth of my first child. I actually really liked the doctor up until the day of my delivery. The delivery experience was horrible, though. I ended up being fully dilated for over 12 hours with no progress. During this entire time, the doctor didn't come to the hospital once to check on me. My son was stuck in the sideways position and wouldn't correct himself for the proper birth position. The doctor didn't show up until my sister (an OB nurse at a different hospital...and absolutely furious by now) threatened to have the floor doctor deliver the baby instead of Dr. Carver. When he did show up he treated us all like overreacting idiots. He ended up doing a forcepts delivery, which broke my son's collar bones and bruised his face & scalp. I won't detail what the delivery did to me...but it took me 6 months till I felt allright again. Then I had issues with the bill for the delivery which were not resolved well.

September 7th, 2010
Great doctor
While I am no longer a patient of Dr Carver's I would like to leave some of my thoughts about him. When he was practicing in Norwalk I feel he saved my life. No other OB/GYN I had seen took me serious, but he did. I wish he was still in town....Washington Court House is about 2 hours away which makes it impossible for me to see him. He will always have my respect and he was a great guy.

June 8th, 2010
A doctor that's rare
I have been going to Dr. Carver now for about three years now and you couldn't ask for a better doctor!! He has delivered two of my children and has done a wonderful job!! He is very caring and considerate. His staff is wonderful and I never never have to wait a long time in the office!! Even though I have four kids he still asked me if I had any questions. During the C-sections everything went just wonderful and I don't think I have ever trusted a doctor more!! I would definitely reccomend him to anyone and I do trust him with my life and the lives of my children!!

June 8th, 2010
Second to none
My wife has went to Dr. Carver for the last two children that we have had. He has made the entire experience a joyous one. He took ample time with us, always asked if we had questions or concerns. Was very personable. Another positive thing for Dr. Carver is that he is a very experienced surgeon, which helped with my wife's C-section because she didn't have to worry about not knowing the surgeon performing the C-section. He always made sure that my wife had all that she needed during and recovering from her pregnancy. After the birth of our third child he was scheduled to go on vacation, so he left us his number to reach him if needed. When the need arose he answered the call and even called an antibiotic prescription in to our local pharmacy, not many doctors that I have dealt with in the past would interrupt their vacation. He is a great doctor, and would be a strong asset to any hospital that he is affiliated with.

May 25th, 2010
He is the best doctor in the world.

January 26th, 2010
Run as fast as you can away from this doctor
Dr. Carver is by far the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. He is a liability to every hospital that hires him.During my delivery, he ripped papers out of the machine monitering me and my child. He also screamed at me, told me that this wasn't an office visit so not to ask questions. I really thought I was going to die under his care. I highly recommend that no one else ever puts their childs life and their own in his hands. Because I truly fear for his patients.